This vintage Millionaire Pie is a cinch to make. The simple preparation along with a no-bake filling, may move it to the top of the list of your favorite special occasion desserts. The decadently creamy sweetened condensed milk base is filled with maraschino cherries, toasted pecans, crushed pineapple and coconut. Add in a swirl of marshmallow and whipped cream and it's a recipe for deliciousness. The only difficult part about this pie is waiting for the filling to set before slicing a piece to eat.
Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe
Whether you're making a refreshing warm weather dessert or looking for a fabulous addition to the holiday dessert table, Millionaire Pie will fit the bill. I absolutely love these sorts of simple vintage pies. They're filled with flavor, texture and a heaping helping of nostalgia. This pie could be found among the desserts at our family gatherings any time of year. It works well for Mother's Day, the holidays and summer picnics alike.
How to Make a Millionaire Pie Recipe
Vintage desserts like this Millionaire pie recipe often remind me of past meals we've shared with friends or family and this pie is no exception. It's a nostalgic recipe that everyone will love.
- What's in a Millionaire Pie? The crust for this pie is a made from scratch graham cracker curst. The filling is made with cream cheese, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, pecans, pineapple juice, crushed pineapple, sweetened flaked coconut, whipped cream or whipped topping such as Cool Whip and maraschino cherries.
- Can I use a premade crust? When making this millionaire pie, if there's no time to make a homemade crust as I demonstrate in this recipe, you can use a quality premade graham cracker crust.
- If you choose to use a store bought crust, I recommend using a larger 10-inch or 9 ounce crust to hold the lush filling. A standard size crust may be a little too small.
- It's well worth the small amount of effort it takes to toast the pecans prior to adding to the pie filling. Cool them completely before mixing them with the other ingredients.
- Can I make this pie ahead of time? Ideally, it's best to make Millionaire Pie the night before you plan on serving to give it plenty of time for the filling to set. Give it at least 4-6 hours to chill otherwise.
- Can I freeze Millionaire Pie? Yes, you can. Freeze it for up to 1 month and thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Other Southern Style Pie Recipes to Try
Other million dollar dessert recipes and treats you may like to try:
- Classic Southern Buttermilk Pie recipe.
- Mile High Banana Cream Pie for the banana pudding lovers in your life.
- Easy Cookies and Cream Pie.
- Lattice topped homemade Apple Pie Recipe.
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is a holiday staple.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Belly Full.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup pineapple juice, reserved from drained pineapple
- 1 8 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 8 oz maraschino cherries, pls whole cherries for garnishing roughly chopped
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes until set and golden. Cool completely before filling.
- Lower the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, condensed milk and pineapple juice until smooth. Add marshmallow fluff whipping just until combined.
- By hand fold in the pineapple, coconut, cherries and pecans. Reserve 2 tablespoon pecans for garnish. Add ⅔ of the whipped topping. Mix well.
- Spread filling into cooled crust. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish the top with the remaining whipped topping, reserved pecans and additional cherries. Store chilled.