The inspiration for the combination of cookies and cream must have been inspired by our age old love of cookies and milk. At least, that’s what I tell myself. This cookies and cream pie is how I love to combine cookies and milk with a luscious white chocolate cream filling, crushed Oreo sandwich cookies and candy bars. It’s a luscious dessert lovers dream and the filling requites no baking at all.
For this pie, I chose to make the crust myself but, in a pinch a ready made chocolate cookie crust would work. Personally, I don’t think making my own crust is that difficult and the crushed Oreo’s take on an almost brownie-like flavor after mixing with melted butter and sugar then baking until set.
Cool the crust completely before filling with the white chocolate cream filling. This pie is one of those oh-so- easy desserts that pleases the chocolate and white chocolate fans alike.
Cookies And Cream Pie
- 2 1/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cup half & half
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 3.5 oz boxes instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 15 Oreo cookies roughly chopped
- 4 1.5 oz cookies & cream candy bars, chopped
- 1 8 oz whipped topping, thawed OR 2 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium size mixing bowl mix together the cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 10-inch pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whip together the half & half,cream cheese and both boxes of pudding mix. Beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth and thickened.
- By hand fold in the chopped cookies and candy bar. Reserve 2 Tbsp of each for garnishing.
- Spread evenly into the cooled crust.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with reserved chopped cookies and candy bar.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight before cutting. Store leftovers chilled