This Cookies and Cream Pie combines the flavors of white and dark chocolate. It features a luscious white chocolate cream filling filled with crushed Oreo sandwich cookies and candy bars. It's a luscious dessert and the filling requires no baking at all.
Easy Cookies And Cream Pie Recipe
The inspiration for the combination of cookies and cream must have been inspired by our age old love of cookies and milk. At least, that's what I tell myself. For this pie, I chose to make the crust myself but, in a pinch a ready made chocolate cookie crust would work. Personally, I don't think making my own crust is that difficult and the crushed Oreo's take on an almost brownie-like flavor after mixing with butter and baking. Be certain that you cool the crust completely before adding the white chocolate cream filling so that the heat won't change the texture. This pie is one of those oh-so- easy desserts that pleases the chocolate and white chocolate fans alike.
How to Make the Best Cookies and Cream Pie Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cookies and Cream Pie: Classic Oreo Cookies or a similar private label brand of chocolate sandwich cookies, melted butter, granulated sugar, half and half, instant white chocolate pudding mix, plain cream cheese, crushed Cookies and Cream candy bar and whipped topping, i.e. Cool Whip or similar.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A deep dish 9 or 10 inch pie pan, a stand mixer or a hand mixer, medium bowl, rubber spatula, measuring cups and spoons.
- It's sometimes more cost effective to use a private label brand chocolate sandwich cookie. I've made this pie both ways and either way it's equally delicious.
- You could use whole milk in place of half and half for the pie filling. Half and half lends a creamy rich texture to the filling hence the reason I choose to use it. Milk will work, though.
- If you prefer making your own whipped cream for the filling, you could. To make homemade sweetened whipped cream, pop the beaters and mixing bowl into the freezer for 15 minutes. Once chilled, remove from the freezer and add one pint of heavy cream plus 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the bowl. Begin whipping on medium high speed. While whipping, gradually add ¼-1/3 cup of granulated sugar. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form being careful not to over beat, then proceed with the recipe as written. You'll need 2 cups.
- If you're unable to find white chocolate cheesecake pudding mix cheesecake pudding mix would be a great substitute.
- You can make this pie up to 2 days in advance and pop it into the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it. When doing so, wait and top with crushed cookies the day you're serving it.
- Store Cookies and Cream Pie chilled for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze this pie for up to 2 months.
More Easy Pie Recipes To Make
I once heard someone say they only loved three kinds of pie. Cold, room temperature and warm. I completely concur, pie is an all time favorite for my family. More pie inspiration you may also like to try:
- No Bake Triple Berry Icebox Pie is ideal for your a Patriotic celebration.
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is a holiday favorite!
- Vintage Millionaire Pie is always a winning choice filled with crushed pineapple, toasted pecans and maraschino cherries.
- You may have everything you need to whip up a Chess Pie for dessert.
- Candy bar lovers will flip for my no bake Butterfinger Pie.
- If you like German Chocolate Cake you'll love German Chocolate Pie.
- You may also like this recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Food and Family.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cookies And Cream Pie
- 2 ¼ cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 cup half and half
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 2 3.3 oz boxes instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 15 Oreo cookies roughly chopped
- 4 1.5 oz cookies & cream candy bars, chopped
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping, thawed OR 2 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium size mixing bowl mix together the cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 10-inch pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whip together the half & half,cream cheese and both boxes of pudding mix. Beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth and thickened.
- By hand fold in the chopped cookies and candy bar. Reserve 2 tablespoon of each for garnishing. Spread filling evenly into the cooled crust.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with reserved chopped cookies and candy bar.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight before cutting. Store leftovers chilled.