Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders – These buttery pizza sliders are filled with Italian seasoned beef and sausage, pizza sauce, veggies and tons of gooey cheese. This variation of a classic sloppy joe will be the hit of your weekend munchies or tailgating party.
I love for figuring out more ways of enjoying everyday flavors in new ways. Just like any other Mom, I’m constantly looking for ways of keeping my kids interested in mealtime. It’s no secret kids love pizza but trying to get them to eat the kind that includes veggies, therein lies the challenge.
These overstuffed sliders fall into the category of party and football food at our house. The filling is prepared on the stovetop and then sandwiched between 2 layers of cheese. For an added layer of flavor, brush the top with butter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. After baking the only thing left to do is pull the sliders apart and enjoy.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb spicy or sweet Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 14 oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 4 oz sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup pepperoni minis
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 Tbsp
- 16 slices mozzerella cheese
- 1 15 oz package potato dinner rolls (i.e. Martin)
- 16 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp melted butter plus 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet heat a few drizzles of olive oil. Saute the diced onion, green pepper and mushrooms for 5 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Season with 1 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Add the ground beef and Italian sausage. Cook over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add the pizza sauce, black olives, pepperoni minis and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well then remove from the heat.
- Slice the rolls through the middle removing the top from the bottom half. Cover the bottom with cheese, cutting pieces to fit if needed.
- Spread the sloppy joe pizza sauce filling over the cheese, then repeat with another layer of cheese slices. Cover with the top..
- Mix the melted butter with 1/4 tsp of garlic salt. Brush over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and continue to bake another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Cut apart and serve.
The filling can be made in advance to save time. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator until assembling the sloppy joe pizza sliders.