These buttery Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders takes all of the ingredients we love on a supreme pizza and spins them into cheesy mini sandwiches, instead. This spinoff of a classic sloppy joe is a sure fire hit for weekday meals, weekend snacking and tailgating.
Easy Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders Recipe
I love coming up with more ways of enjoying everyday flavors in new ways. Just like any other Mom, I’m constantly looking for ways of keeping my kids interested in mealtime. It’s no secret kids love pizza but, trying to get them to eat the kind that includes veggies, therein lies the challenge. They love my smokey joes and taco sliders so, this pizza variation was destined to follow suit. It’s filled with Italian seasoned beef and sausage, pizza sauce, veggies and tons of gooey cheese.
Pro Tips for Making Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders Recipe
These overstuffed sliders fall into the category of party and football food at our house. The filling is prepared on the stove top and then sandwiched between 2 layers of cheese.
- How to make homemade Sloppy Joe Sliders Recipe: Ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, olive oil, dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, pizza sauce, sliced black olives, grated Parmesan cheese, slider rolls, melted butter, garlic salt, sliced Mozzarella cheese and mini pepperoni.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Skillet, sheet pan, large spoon, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board.
- I use a combination of ground beef and sausage for these sliders, but you may adapt using one or the other, if that’s your preference.
- Should you choose to use spicy Italian sausage you may want to omit the crushed red pepper flakes.
- The add-ins can also be adapted to your family’s taste. If they prefer green olives over ripe olives, switch them out, Likewise, they can be omitted, if desired.
- For an added layer of flavor, brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. After baking the only thing left to do is pull the sliders apart and enjoy.
- You can view my recipe for homemade pizza sauce here if you prefer to make your own.
- Store baked Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders wrapped in foil chilled in the refrigerator. Reheat covered with foil in a 350°F oven or the microwave.
More Easy Sliders Recipes to Make
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders can be made with rotisserie chicken or breaded chicken tenders.
- Poppy Seed Cheddar Turkey Sliders drizzled with cranberry sauce.
- Mexican Beef Sliders with homemade tomatilla sauce.
- Reuben Sliders feature a homemade thousand island dressing.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hawaiian Sweet Rolls Sliders for game day and casual meals.
- Monster Meatball Sliders for your Halloween soiree.
- BBQ Meatloaf Sliders for the meatloaf fans at your table.
- Veggie Burger from Inspired Taste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb spicy or sweet Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 14 oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup pepperoni minis
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 Tbsp
- 16 slices mozzerella cheese
- 1 15 oz package potato dinner rolls (i.e. Martin)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter plus 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet heat a few drizzles of olive oil. Saute the diced onion, green pepper and mushrooms for 5 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Season with 1 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Add the ground beef and Italian sausage. Cook over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add the pizza sauce, black olives, pepperoni minis and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well then remove from the heat.
- Slice the rolls through the middle removing the top from the bottom half. Cover the bottom with cheese, cutting pieces to fit if needed.
- Spread the sloppy joe pizza sauce filling over the cheese, then repeat with another layer of cheese slices. Cover with the top..
- Mix the melted butter with 1/4 tsp of garlic salt. Brush over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and continue to bake another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Cut apart and serve.