Are you looking for a way to up your seasonal dessert menu offerings? These fun-to-make Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars are just the ticket. Buttery from-scratch sugar cookie dough is combined with colorful seasonal sprinkles, white chocolate baking chips and chopped candy corn. The colors alone make them a feast for the eyes that will delight kids of all ages. The chewy texture of the candy corn combined with the buttery sugar cookie dough and white chocolate, is unexpected and is sure to satisfy your sweets craving with ease.
Autumn Flavors Shine in these Candy Corn Cookie Bars
There's something about seeing candy corn neatly stocked on store shelves each fall isn't it? It's like a firm reminder that autumn has arrived and the holiday season is upon us. That thought always makes me happy and moves candy corn up the baking ingredient ladder for me. Finding unique and unexpected ways to incorporate it into sweets has become one of my favorite baking projects each year.
Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars
These candy corn laced cookie bars are drizzled with white chocolate to guild the lily and provide the sweet glue for the sprinkles on top. Once they cool, cut them into small squares to showcase the colors and be certain to store any leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container. If there are any leftovers. Looking for a sweet treat in a hurry? Goodies like my seen on Parade candy corn truffles and chocolate dipped scotcheroo bon bons require no baking at all. You may also like: Checkout this recipe for Easy Candy Corn Fudge from Mom on Timeout, too.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 11 oz package candy corn, chopped
- 2 cups white chocolate chips divided
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoon fall colored sprinkles divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.Spray a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with baking spray or butter and flour. Set aside..
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat until fluffy and pale yellow in color, around 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, salt and nutmeg. Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed sugar. Continue mixing until fully combined stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl periodically..
- Mix-in the chopped candy corn, 1 cup white chocolate chips and ⅓ cup sprinkles by hand. Mix until fully distributed.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the remaining 1 cup white chocolate chips with ¼ cup cream. Melt in 20 second increments on 50% power stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Cut the bars into 36 even squares. Drizzle the white chocolate over the bars and top with the remaining sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to set before separating for storage. If stacking place wax paper between layers.
- Store tightly sealed at room temperature.