This post brought to you by Heinz®
These crispy Onion Strings With Creamy Sriracha Dipping Sauce are soaked in buttermilk and then lightly breaded with seasoned flour. Paired with this delicious creamy sriracha dipping sauce they're company worthy and guaranteed to disappear in a flash.
Onion Strings with Creamy Sriracha Dipping Sauce
It's All About the Dipping Sauce
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Onion Strings With Creamy Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Sriracha Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup Blended with Sriracha
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
- Onion strings:
- 2 sweet onions large, peeled, slice into ¼-in. rings
- 1 ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp chili pepper dark
- peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- To make the Creamy Sriracha Dipping Sauce: Add all sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator until serving. Let sit in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours. (Makes 1 ¾ cup)
- To make the onion strings: Thinly slice the onions into ¼-in. rings using a sharp knife, food processor or mandoline.
- Place the onion slices in a large storage bag. Make sure strips are separated.
- Pour the buttermilk and hot sauce over the onions. Seal and shake the bag ensuring the marinade covers the onion strips. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl sift together the all-purpose flour, seasoned salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, cumin and chili pepper.
- After the onion strips have marinated, remove the onion strips from the marinade allowing the excess to drip off. Toss the onion strips in the seasoned flour.
- Heat peanut or vegetable oil to 360°F in a large pot or countertop fryer. Fry the onion strips until golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove fried onion strips to a paper towel lined cookie sheet to drain. Season lightly with additional seasoned salt immediately.
- Remove to a paper towel lined cookie sheet to drain. Season lightly with additional seasoned salt immediately. Serve hot with the creamy sriracha dipping sauce.