This Patriotic Pretzel Bark is a celebration of the red, white and blue colors of our flag. July 4th is the perfect opportunity to have fun making a colorful sweet and salty celebration treat to share with the ones who are joining us for fun, sun and the outdoor activities that always come the the July 4th holiday. Likewise, it’s a super sweet way to highlight our nation’s colors on Memorial Day or any special occasion that you want to honor our great country.
The flavor combination of sweet and salty never gets old and in this no-bake wonder the combo explodes with red, white & blue candies to make it a true Patriotic treat. Make this pretzel bark in advance then store tightly covered at room temperature until serving. Set it out at your backyard picnic or cookout with no worries that it will spoil due to the summer heat and watch it disappear.
You may also like: Red White and Blue Berry Parfaits, Patriotic Chocolate Chip Cookies and Red White and Blue Ice Cream.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Patriotic Pretzel Bark
Servings: 3 lbs
- 1 [7.2 oz] pkg original flat pretzels [I used Pretzel Crisps]
- 1 cup sea salt or salted cocktail peanuts
- 2 [16 oz] pkg vanilla candy coating [such as Candiquik]
- 12 oz red & blue coated chocolate candy [such as sixlets or M & M's]
- red white & blue sprinkles
- Line a standard 11 x 17 inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread the pretzel crisps over the wax paper. Sprinkle the peanuts on top.
- Melt the vanilla candy coating per the package instructions. Drizzle over the peanuts and pretzels.
- Use an offset spatula to spread vanilla candy evenly over the peanuts and pretzels. This is the "glue" for the pretzel bark.
- Arrange the red & blue candy over the vanilla coating while it's still warm.
- Top with Patriotic sprinkles. There's no perfect way to do this, be creative!
- Chill for 30 minutes until firm then cut or break into pieces.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!