Red White and Blue Patriotic Pretzel Bark Recipe
How to Make Easy Patriotic Pretzel Bark Recipe
This is the kind of dessert recipe that you can leave sitting out at your backyard picnic or cookout with no worries that it will spoil due to the summer heat. This pretzel bark requires no refrigeration.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Patriotic Pretzel Bark: Pretzel crisps, cocktail peanuts, white candy coating i.e. Candiquik or similar, red white and blue chocolate coated candies i.e. M&M's and red white and blue candy sprinkles. You could also use wavy potato chips in place of pretzels for this candy bark recipe.
- You'll need a large rimmed sheet pan lined with wax paper, a large spoon for stirring the Candiquik and an offset spatula to spread the melted candy coating.
- You can melt the Candiquik coating for pretzel bark following the instructions on the packaging. You can also use Almond Bark or add a drizzle of melted chocolate to the top.
- It's helpful to use an offset spatula to spread the melted candy coating evenly over the pretzels. You may also use the back of a tablespoon in a pinch.
- You can break or use a sharp knife to cut the Patriotic Pretzel Bark into any size pieces that you like.
- This pretzel bark can be made in advance then stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days prior to serving.
- Store leftover pretzel bark in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
More Southern Style Patriotic Desserts to Make
- Berry Trifle with White Chocolate Cream is a decadent trifle that will add height and beauty to the dessert table.
- No Bake Triple Berry Ice Box Pie is topped with melted white chocolate and a sprinkle of grated white chocolate bar, too.
- This Red White and Blue Ice Cream Cake is a statement dessert that's so fun to make!
- Red White and Blue Ice Cream from Boulder Locavore
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Patriotic Pretzel Bark
- 1 7.2 oz package original flavor flat pretzels i.e. Pretzel Crisps
- 1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 2 16 oz packages vanilla candy coating i.e. Candiquik
- 12 oz package red & blue coated chocolate candy [such as sixlets or M & M's]
- red, white and blue sprinkles
- Line a standard 11 x 17 inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread the pretzel crisps over the wax paper. Sprinkle the peanuts on top.
- Melt the vanilla candy coating per the package instructions. Drizzle over the peanuts and pretzels.
- Use an offset spatula to spread vanilla candy evenly over the peanuts and pretzels. This is the "glue" for the pretzel bark.
- Arrange the red & blue candy over the vanilla coating while it's still warm.
- Top with Patriotic sprinkles. There's no perfect way to do this, be creative!
- Chill for 30 minutes until firm then cut or break into pieces.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container.