The sweet and salty flavor combination in this Rocky Road Pretzel Bark is a hot favorite at our house. This recipe for a rocky road pretzel bark combo was a result of an over abundance of pretzel crisps that I had on hand, thanks to my friends at The Snack Factory a well as my love of rocky road in any form. Topped with roasted almonds, velvety melted chocolate and gooey marshmallows for a no-bake winning combination.
Some time ago, I collaborated with The Snack Factory maker of Pretzel Crisps, and developed three recipe using their products. All 3 recipes were chosen by the Snack Factory to be featured in their limited addition “Got An App For That” cookbook. Soon after, eighteen cases of pretzel crisps in every flavor, arrived at my front door. I’ve had lots of fun using them in different dishes throughout the year. Since sweet and salty is a family favorite rocky road seemed like a natural progression. One thing I love about this rocky road pretzel bark, is, it can be made up to a week in advance and kept in an airtight container at room temperature. It makes for easy munching during warm weather or a fun sweet and salty treat for special occasions, gifting at the Holidays or any time of year.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Rocky Road Pretzel Bark
- 1 [7.5] oz. bag of flat plain pretzel crisps [I used The Snack Factory]
- 2 [12 oz] bags semi-sweet/milk/dark chocolate chips [I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet]
- 1 1/3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup slivered almonds toasted and divided
- 3 1/2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- Before you begin: Preheat the oven to 350°F and toast the slivered almonds for 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool completely.
- Use a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water, or a double boiler, to melt together the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening. This will take several minutes stir periodically until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a baking sheet with wax paper, and spread the pretzel crisps evenly on the paper.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows and 3/4 cup of toasted almonds over the pretzel crisps. Chop the remaining almonds to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the chocolate on top and using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon spread it covering everything evenly.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and place the pan into the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set up. [About 1 1/2-2 hours]
- Cut or break into pieces.