The sweet and salty flavors in this Rocky Road Pretzel Bark is a hot favorite at our house. Flat pretzels are topped with toasted almonds, velvety melted chocolate and gooey marshmallows. It's a no-bake winning combination.
Rocky Road Pretzel Bark
This recipe for a rocky road pretzel bark combo was a result of an over abundance of pretzel crisps that I had on hand, thanks to my friends at The Snack Factory a well as my love of rocky road in any form. Some time ago, I collaborated with The Snack Factory maker of Pretzel Crisps, and developed three recipe using their products. All 3 recipes were chosen by the Snack Factory to be featured in their limited edition "Got An App For That" cookbook. Soon after, eighteen cases of pretzel crisps in every flavor, arrived at my front door. I've had lots of fun using them in different dishes throughout the year.
No-Bake Sweet and Salty Delight
Since sweet and salty is a family favorite rocky road seemed like a natural progression. One thing I love about this rocky road pretzel bark, is, it can be made up to a week in advance and kept in an airtight container at room temperature. It makes for easy munching during warm weather or a fun sweet and salty treat for special occasions, gifting at the Holidays or any time of year. Other sweet and salty goodies to try are my Peanutty Choco Ice Cream Sammies and irresistable Ooey Gooey Rocky Road Cookies from Fifteen Spatulas and Mini Rocky Road Donuts from Big Bear's Wife.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Rocky Road Pretzel Bark
Servings: 3 lbs
- 1 7.5 oz bag plain pretzel crisps
- 2 12 oz bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup slivered almonds toasted and divided
- 3 ½ Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- Before you begin: Preheat the oven to 350°F and toast the slivered almonds for 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water, or a double boiler, melt together the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a baking sheet with wax paper, and spread the pretzel crisps evenly on the paper.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows and ¾ cup of toasted almonds over the pretzel crisps. Chop the remaining almonds to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the chocolate on top and using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon spread it covering everything evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped almonds and place the pan into the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Cut or break into pieces.