Prepared Pesto Adds a Punch of Flavor in this Pesto Chicken Bow Tie Pasta with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes
Other Italian Inspired Dishes To Try
Italian makes a tasty meal any night of the week. whether it's a salad, pizza or a one pot meal like this scrumptious bow tie pasta dish it's always a win with my family. Other dishes you my like to try is this 25 Minute Chicken Parmesan from The Slow Roasted Italian and Instant Pot Spaghetti Dinner from Family Fresh Meals.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pesto Chicken Bow Tie Pasta with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 16 oz box bow tie pasta
- 1 cup low fat half & half or light cream
- 2 Tbsp light onion & chive cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups warm rotisserie chicken roughly chopped
- 4 oz prepared basil pesto
- ⅔ cup sundried tomatoes rinsed
- 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water per the instructions on the box, until al dente.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat the half & half for 1 minute to warm slightly.
- Add the cream cheese stirring to soften.
- Add ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese to the warm half & half and season with salt and black pepper to taste. [The cream cheese will melt completely when it's combined with the hot pasta.]
- Set aside.
- Drain the pasta then pour back into the pot and return to the stove top.
- Over low heat, add the cream sauce, chopped chicken, pesto, and sundried tomatoes to the hot pasta. Stir continually until the cream cheese has completely melted and the ingredients are heated through and evenly coated with the sauce.
- Just before serving, add the fresh spinach and lemon zest and stir until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Serve immediately garnished with Parmesan cheese shavings, if desired.