Pesto Adds Flavor to this Pesto Chicken Bow Tie Pasta
Other Inspired Pasta Dishes To Try
Italian makes a tasty meal any night of the week. whether it's a salad, pizza or a one pot meal like this scrumptious bow tie pasta dish it's always a win with my family. Other dishes you my like to try:
- Italian Penne Pasta Salad with ham.
- Saucy Baked Penne Pasta a baked casserole that can be assembled in advance and chilled until baking.
- Hearty Vegetable Tomato Rotini Soup is light and healthy.
- This 25 Minute Chicken Parmesan from The Slow Roasted Italian
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Pesto Chicken Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 16 oz box bow tie pasta
- 1 cup low fat half and half
- 2 tablespoon light chive and onion cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups warm rotisserie chicken roughly chopped
- 4 oz prepared basil pesto
- ⅔ cup sundried tomatoes rinsed
- 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water per the instructions on the box, until al dente.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat the half & half for 1 minute to warm slightly.
- Add the cream cheese stirring to soften.
- Add ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese to the warm half & half and season with salt and black pepper to taste. [The cream cheese will melt completely when it's combined with the hot pasta.]
- Set aside.
- Drain the pasta then pour back into the pot and return to the stove top.
- Over low heat, add the cream sauce, chopped chicken, pesto, and sundried tomatoes to the hot pasta. Stir continually until the cream cheese has completely melted and the ingredients are heated through and evenly coated with the sauce.
- Just before serving, add the fresh spinach and lemon zest and stir until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Serve immediately garnished with Parmesan cheese shavings, if desired.