Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Cakes And Remoulade Sauce
- Chicken cakes:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus add'l for frying
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced [more or less to your taste]
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 [12 oz] cans fully cooked white meat chicken or 3 cups poached chicken chopped
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp creole or old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs divided
- Remoulade sauce See Cook's note
- In a stove top pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the diced peppers and green onions to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until tender then add the minced garlic. Cook for an additional 1 minute, then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Drain the chicken well and add it to a medium size mixing bowl. If using poached chicken, chop.
- To the mixing bowl add the lemon juice, Dijon, mayonnaise, garlic, tarragon, chopped parsley, creole/old bay seasoning and 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs. Mix in the sauteed vegetables, making sure the chicken is thoroughly broken up and blended with the other ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasonings before you add the beaten egg.
- Pour the remaining panko breadcrumbs onto a plate. Using a 4 oz ice cream scoop, scoop the chicken onto the bread crumbs. This will keep the chicken cakes roughly the same size. (Add additional crumbs if needed)
- Flatten to your desired thickness gently turning to coat the chicken cake on all sides.
- Put the chicken cakes onto a pan, then place into the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Remove from the refrigerator, then brown over medium high heat in a non stick pan coated with olive oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. Serve hot with the remoulade sauce.
- Remoulade Sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients for the remoulade sauce into a bowl and mix until smooth. Chill until serving.
For the remoulade sauce: Makes approximately 2/3 cup
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chili sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp green onion, minced
1 tsp capers, chopped
1 tsp dry tarragon
1/2 tsp creole/old bay seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
a few drops of hot sauce