This skillet Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon comes together with ease and it's amazing how much the flavor combination compares to a restaurant quality entree. You can serve it with rice pilaf or pasta with a salad on the side and it becomes a 30 minute meal that's company worthy.
Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon is a 30 Minute Meal
The flavor of lemon pairs so well with chicken. It's one of those flavor combos of which I never grow tired. The flour coating is seasoned with lemon pepper which gives a real boost to the lemon in this dish. It's dredged in a light coating and not a heavy breading you might associate with fried chicken. Serve this lemon butter with a side of my teriyaki rice pilaf with mushrooms and peas, with fettuccine Alfredo or perhaps my grilled garlic rosemary smashed potatoes. So many choices, so little time.
Serve Restaurant Flavors at Your Own Kitchen Table
I love serving restaurant quality meals at my own kitchen table. Spending less money makes this frugal girl happy, too. This skillet chicken is so easy and packs a lemon laced punch of flavor that's easy enough for a weeknight meal but, tasty enough for company. If you're a citrus fan you may also enjoy this Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken from A Spicy Perspective, too.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Lemon Butter Chicken With Tarragon
- 6 6 oz chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- Place the chicken cutlets between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound to ½ inch thickness.
- On a plate, mix together the all-purpose flour, lemon pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. Coat the chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of butter and a couple of drizzles of olive oil in a large skillet. Fry the chicken in batches [ 3 pieces at a time] for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Remove to a platter. Repeat 1 Tbsp butter and a couple of drizzles of olive oil for the second batch.
- Place the lemon slices in the pan and brown on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp butter, chicken broth, lemon juice and chopped tarragon to the pan to deglaze. Scrap any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Allow to simmer and reduce slightly. Return the chicken to the pan and spoon the juices on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped tarragon.
- Serve immediately over rice pilaf or pasta, if desired.