This easy skillet Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon recipe comes together in no time flat. You can serve it with rice pilaf, potatoes or pasta for a 30 minute meal that brings restaurant quality flavors to the table.
Easy Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon Recipe
The flavor of lemon pairs so well with chicken. It’s one of those flavor combos of which I never grow tired. The flour coating is seasoned with lemon pepper which gives a real boost to the lemon in this dish. It’s dredged in a light coating and not a heavy breading you might associate with fried chicken. Serve this lemon butter chicken with tarragon with a side of teriyaki rice pilaf with mushrooms and peas or grilled garlic rosemary smashed potatoes. So many choices, you can’t go wrong.
How to Make the Best Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon Recipe
I love serving restaurant quality meals at my own kitchen table. Spending less money makes this frugal girl happy, too. This skillet chicken is so easy and packs a lemon laced punch of flavor that comes together in less than 30 minutes for an easy weeknight meal. It’s tasty enough for company, too.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make Lemon Butter Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh lemon juice and fresh tarragon, lemon slices, butter, all purpose flour, lemon pepper, garlic salt, onion powder and chicken stock or broth. You could also use white wine in place of chicken stock.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large 12 inch skillet, a meat mallet with a smooth side, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons.
- The purpose of pounding the chicken breasts is to make the chicken pieces the same thickness. This will allow the chicken to cook evenly. Use the smooth side of the meat mallet, there’s no need to tenderize the chicken simply pound it to even thickness.
- Dishes to serve with Lemon Butter Chicken: While you really can’t go wrong, you can serve this chicken with a side of Scalloped Potatoes and Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables. If you’d like to serve it with pasta a big batch of Fettuccine Alfredo and a Wedge Salad with homemade bleu cheese dressing will do the trick.
- Store leftover Lemon Butter Chicken chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in single servings in the microwave or on a sheet pan in a 375°F oven for 5 minutes.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Make
Whether you’re looking for Southern style chicken, barbecue chicken, chicken tacos or casseroles, I’ve got you covered! More easy chicken recipes you may like to try:
- Southern Fried Chicken and Waffles uses chicken tenders in place of bone-in chicken pieces.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Casserole is a family pleaser!
- Smothered Asiago Chicken with Spinach and Mushrooms will delight the low carb eaters at your table.
- Chicken Street Tacos can be made in an air fryer, grilled or roasted in the oven.
- Chicken Cakes and Remoulade Sauce is another quick meal option that’s packed with flavor.
- Oven Fried Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts have all the makings of an Italian feast.
- If you’re a citrus fan you may also enjoy this Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken from A Spicy Perspective.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Lemon Butter Chicken With Tarragon
- 6 6 oz chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- Place the chicken cutlets between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- On a plate, mix together the all-purpose flour, lemon pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. Coat the chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of butter and a couple of drizzles of olive oil in a large skillet. Fry the chicken in batches [ 3 pieces at a time] for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Remove to a platter. Repeat 1 Tbsp butter and a couple of drizzles of olive oil for the second batch.
- Place the lemon slices in the pan and brown on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp butter, chicken broth, lemon juice and chopped tarragon to the pan to deglaze. Scrap any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Allow to simmer and reduce slightly. Return the chicken to the pan and spoon the juices on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped tarragon.
- Serve immediately over rice pilaf or pasta, if desired.