These two-bite Pretzel Turtles are ridiculously easy to make, and are guaranteed to disappear in a snap. Pun intended. I use square pretzels and candies and top each with a glorious pecan half. They’re so simple and tasty, they rank as a year-round favorite at our house and impossible for us to reserve only for the holidays.
Easy Pretzel Turtles Recipe
These little one-bite sweet an salty yummies are a holiday favorite. Rightly so, they’re simple to make and bring together the salty sweet flavor combination beautifully. So easy the kiddos can get in on the action. These pretzel turtles can be mad in any shape you like. If you’re unable to find Doves square salted caramel chocolates that I use in this recipe, you may of course, go with the gold standard and use Rolo candy instead. Pictured is a combination of the two.
How to Make the BEST Pretzel Turtles Recipe
There’s no such thing as too many pretzel turtles or improperly shaped pretzel turtles so this is another one of those moments that I say don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pretzel Turtles: Square salted pretzels, Dove caramels or Rolo candies, pecan halves.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Sheet pans, measuring cup and storage container or goodie bags to package and give as gifts.
- Pretzels – You can use your favorite brand. I used Rold Gold.
- Dove Candies – I use these to match the shape of the pretzels and they come with the bonus of being quite buttery and delicious! You can use classic Rolo chocolate covered caramels, if you like.
- Pecan Halves – Use a premium pecan and toast them to bring out the flavor.
- Feel free to double or triple the ingredient amounts and enjoy these sweet and salty bite-size delights for birthday parties, Valentine’s Day, Halloween gatherings, summer picnic’s and showers. They’re terrific during the entire year as well as a feature on holiday goodie trays.
- Store Pretzel Turtles in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
More Turtle Dessert Recipes to Make
If you’re a fan of turtle desserts, you may also like to try:
- My homemade Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake is a show stopping dessert.
- A handheld turtle dessert the kids will love are my Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars for easy entertaining and grab and go snacking.
- This Turtle Ice Cream Pie is a stunning make ahead dessert.
- Caramel Pecan Turtle Scotcheroos a recipe that I developed for Karo syrup, is a winner.
- Pretzel Avalanche Fudge features a sweet and salty vibe just like these pretzel turtles.
- These Turtle Cookies are made in a muffin pan to hold all of the chocolate, caramel and pecan deliciousness inside.
- Individual serving Chocolate Turtle Cupcakes from Hoosier Homemade.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 40 square pretzels
- 40 Dove Salted Caramel Dark Chocolates Dove Milk Chocolate Caramels or Rolos, unwrapped
- 40 pecans halves toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the pecan halves in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300°F. Place the pretzels on a baking sheet, topping each one with 1 piece of candy.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes until softened, but not completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press one pecan half into the chocolate.
- Cool completely.