These two-bite Pretzel Turtles are ridiculously easy to make, and are guaranteed to disappear in a snap. Pun intended. I use square pretzels and candies and top each with a glorious pecan half. They’re so simple and tasty, they’re a year-round favorite at our house and not reserved only for the holidays.
You can make pretzel turtles in any shape you like. If you are unable to find the square salted caramel chocolates that I use in this recipe you may of course, go with the gold standard and use Rolos, or a combination of the two. There’s no such thing as too many or improperly shaped pretzel turtles. Feel free to double or triple the amounts and enjoy mounds of these sweet and salty bite-size delights during the year or on your holiday goodies trays.
- 40 square pretzels
- 40 Dove Salted Caramel Dark Chocolates Dove Milk Chocolate Caramels or Rolos, unwrapped
- 40 pecans halves toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the pecan halves in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300°F. Place the pretzels on a baking sheet, topping each one with 1 piece of candy.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes until softened, but not completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press one pecan half into the chocolate.
- Cool completely.