This irresistible Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake is a made-from-scratch chocolate caramel pecan delight. It's drizzled with a buttery pecan-caramel sauce and a healthy drizzle of silky chocolate ganache. It's a cake that's dressed to impress even the pickiest of dessert eaters.
Bake a Delectable Turtle Bundt Cake from Scratch
I love baking and have since I was a little girl. The very first recipe I ever recall making was peanut butter cookies from scratch. That was my very first real baking experience apart from my easy bake oven and I was around 9 years old. While I love the convenient baking products that are available and use them myself from time to time, my true passion is building a dessert from the ground up when I have time. This scrumptious chocolate cake begins with my chocolate buttermilk cake. In this instance, I'm baking the batter in a bundt pan because I love having the gooey drizzle cascade down both sides of each slice, it's just heavenly. Plus, when people see this cake on the table they get googly eyes. I love it.
Tips for Making Turtle Cake in Advance
This cake can be made in advance and served as is, or while the topping is still slightly warm and gooey with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. When it comes to a dessert like this one why not gild the lily? If making in advance, store the cake chilled but allow it to come to room temperature so the toppings can soften a bit. It's one of my favorite original recipe creations and I hope you'll love it, too. Another turtle treat you may like to try is this Caramel Pecan Turtle Fudge from A Dash of Sanity.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake
- 1 recipe Chocolate Buttermilk Cake made in a bundt pan
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecan pieces toasted
- Caramel-pecan sauce:
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter ½ stick or 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate ganache:
- 1 ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Prepare the chocolate buttermilk cake per the directions. Bake in a buttered and floured bundt pan for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack.
- Spread the pecan pieces in a single layer on a sheet pan. Toast in a 350°F oven for 6-8 minutes Set aside to cool.
- To make the caramel-pecan sauce: In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat melt together the brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove the caramel sauce from the heat then add the vanilla and toasted pecans. Stir until the pecans are coated. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the ganache: in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Place the bundt cake on a cake pedestal or platter. Drizzle with ⅓ of the chocolate ganache and ⅓ of the caramel pecan sauce. Repeat drizzling the cake on all sides until both of the sauces are used.
- Store chilled bringing to room temperature for serving.