This recipe for no churn Rocky Road Ice Cream requires no special equipment to make. It’s creamy chocolaty deliciousness whether it’s served in ice cream cones or scooped into a big bowl. It’s a decadent dessert any time of year.
Easy Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
No churn ice cream is a fun dessert option for the warm weather months. That being said, we eat ice cream year-round. Whether it’s a l mode on cobblers or pies, there’s just no wrong time of year to eat ice cream. It features chocolate ice cream embellished with toasted almonds, mini marshmallows and swirls of chocolate frozen together in a loaf pan. The shape makes it ideal for making long generous scoop for serving in an ice cream cone or a bowl.
How to Make the Best No Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
One thing that you’ll enjoy about this ice cream is the creamy texture. It’s the perfect contrast to the crunch of the toasted almonds and soft mini marshmallows.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream: Condensed milk, chocolate syrup, chopped almonds toasted in the oven, unsweetened cocoa powder, heavy cream, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A hand mixer or a stand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a sheet pan to toast the almonds, a sharp knife and cutting board or a small food processor to chop the almonds, a large silicone spatula or spoon to fold the mixture together, an offset spatula to spread the chocolate ice cream into the pan and a large 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- If you don’t have a large loaf pan, you could adapt this recipe using a 9 inch springform pan.
- What makes ice crystals form in ice cream? It’s one of the most common issues with homemade ice cream. It’s usually the result of too much water in the mixture or can also be caused by excessive freezing time. You’ll be relieved to know that’s not typically an issue with this no churn ice cream recipe.
- It’s important to allow the toasted almonds to cool before adding to the ice cream mixture.
- Store Rocky Road Ice Cream in the freezer for up to one month. Make a point to wrap it tightly to keep air out and ice from forming on the surface.
More Southern Style Ice Cream Desserts to Make
There’s no better way to cool down on a warm day than a frozen confection. More ice cream recipes you might also like to try:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is another no churn flavor of ice cream to make.
- Turtle Ice Cream Pie can be made in advance, then topped off with whipped cream and turtle candy just before serving.
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream is one more way to enjoy my lifelong love of banana pudding.
- Red White and Blue Ice Cream Cake is perfect for any Patriotic celebration.
- My recipe for Easy Fried Ice Cream requires no frying at all.
- Fresh Peach Ice Cream from Southern Living.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Rocky Road Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 3/4 cup whole almonds roughly chopped and toasted, divided use
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate syrup (i.e. Ghiradelli) divided use
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows divided use
- 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips, plus 2 Tbsp divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread chopped almonds on a sheet pan in a single layer. Roast for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to whip together sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup chocolate syrup and cocoa powder, just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form, don't overbeat.
- Use a large spoon or silicone spatula to fold whipped cream into the chocolate-condensed milk mixture by hand. Fold in 1 cup marshmallows until evenly distributed.
- Pour 1/2 mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds and 1/4 chocolate chips. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup. Swirl through with the tip of a knife.
- Repeat, pouring remaining ice cream mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup. Swirl with the tip of a knife.
- Garnish the top with reserved 1/2 cup marshmallows and 1/4 cup almonds and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- Scoop and enjoy in ice cream cones or bowls.