This recipe for creamy no churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream requires no special equipment to make! It’s certain to be requested by your family and friends for dessert over and over again.
Easy No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream Recipe
One of the joys of making homemade ice cream is the freedom to adjust the ingredients turning it into any flavor that you like. No matter what the flavor of the week is, I always aim for ice cream that’s smooth, full flavored with delicious mix-ins for added texture. In the instance of this ice cream, my beloved banana pudding was the inspiration and it comes together in mere minutes. The only hard part, is waiting for it to freeze before scooping a bowlful to enjoy.
How to Make the Best Banana Pudding Ice Cream Recipe
I have a continued obsession with Southern banana pudding and this ice cream is the latest addition to my banana pudding repertoire. It only takes a few ingredients and so simple you’ll find yourself wanting to make it over and over again. When you make ice cream, whether it’s a no churn recipe like this one or if you choose to use an ice cream maker or machine, creaminess is always the desired end result.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe for Banana Pudding Ice Cream: Heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, instant banana pudding mix, bananas and vanilla wafers.
- Please note, you’ll need an over sized loaf pan for this ice cream. If you don’t have one handy, you may need to separate the ice cream into two pans.
- Ice crystals forming is a normal part of ice cream. The goal with no churn ice cream is to keep them super small and plentiful so, the creaminess shines through.
- Heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk both lend a lightness and smoothness to the texture of the banana pudding ice cream. Don’t be tempted to skimp, this is one of those times you need to go for the real deal and use heavy cream.
- Sugar and alcohol make ice cream softer because each lowers the freezing point of the liquids making it easier to scoop. While there’s no alcohol in this no churn ice cream, there’s ample sugar to make it easy to scoop.
- Do the bananas turn brown? Freezing will ensure that the bananas will stay beautiful and fresh.
- You can freeze this ice cream in a loaf pan full batch or in individual servings and store tightly covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Other Banana Pudding Desserts to Make
There’s no shortage of banana pudding recipes in the recipe index on my website, you know how much I love it! Here are a few other recipes you my like to try:
- Frozen Banana Pudding Bombe with a hidden layer of chocolate ganache inside.
- A layered potluck sensation Banana Pudding Lush will be the talk of any gathering.
- Mile High Banana Cream Pie.
- Easy Banana Pudding made in a trifle dish is delicious to the very last spoonful.
- Banana Pudding Gooey Butter Cake is a fusion of two Southern favorites.
- Meringue topped Old Fashioned Banana Pudding just like grandma used to make.
- You may also like this recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies from Mom on Timeout
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.4 oz box instant banana pudding mix
- 2 medium bananas One mashed, one thinly sliced
- 1 cup crushed Nilla wafers (vanilla wafers), plus additional for garnishing
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk until stiff peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, vanilla pudding mix, banana pudding mix and mashed banana beating to combine.
- Use a large silicone spatula to fold in sliced bananas and vanilla wafers, reserving 1/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into a large 9 or 10 inch loaf pan and sprinkle with reserved crushed vanilla wafers.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop and serve with additional banana slices and vanilla wafers, if desired.
- Please note: You'll need an over sized loaf pan for this ice cream. If you don't have one handy, you may need to separate the ice cream into two pans.