Skillet Potato Hash With Baked Eggs – Skillet meals like this skillet potato hash with baked eggs is perfect most any time of day. Some days we enjoy having breakfast for dinner or supper depending on where you live. This skillet is good any time of day. For this recipe, I’m not going to give exact amounts because you can make this skillet as large or small depending on how many mouths your feeding and what ingredients you have on hand.
The ingredients can vary according to your taste or diet. In the ingredient list, I’ll give you ideas for each addition, so, you can personalize it to your taste. It’s a low stress and satisfying dish, and with a couple of pieces of warm buttered bread, biscuits or hot yeast rolls, it becomes a comforting weeknight feast.
Skillet Potato Hash With Baked Eggs
Author: Melissa Sperka
- cubed red potatoes
- diced red/green/yellow peppers
- sliced red onion
- large eggs
- crumbled cooked bacon/diced ham/crumbled cooked sausage
- seasoned salt/creole seasoning/garlic salt
- chopped fresh parsley/chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- heavy cream/melted butter/margarine
- shredded Parmesan/your favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In an oven safe skillet, on the stove top, cook the cubed potatoes in a drizzle of oil and a tablespoon or two of butter. If your using cooked bacon, use 2 tablespoons of the drippings instead.
- Use your choice of seasoning and season to your taste. Cook until the potatoes are browning and are just fork tender, about 10-12 minutes,
- Add the veggies. diced red onion and a colorful assortment of peppers for my skillet.
- Cook the veggies for another 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften and brown then sprinkle the cooked and crumbled bacon, sausage or diced ham over the potatoes.
- Crack the eggs on top and they'll nestle down into the cooked vegetables.
- Drizzle each egg with 1 teaspoon of heavy cream. If you prefer, melted butter.
- Season the eggs to your taste. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, or your favorite finely grated cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes depending on how firm you like your eggs. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve immediately.