This spectacular Spinach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette is just like the sort you may pay top dollar for when dining out. Crisp baby leaf spinach is topped with crumbled feta cheese, honey glazed pecans, egg, red onion, apple slices, baby portabella mushrooms and plenty of bacon, of course. The homemade honey Dijon vinaigrette drizzled on top is the finishing touch. Serve as a side dish or transform it into an entrée salad topped with grilled chicken or shrimp. Either way it’s sure to impress.
Easy Spinach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
I must admit, I eat a salad in some form nearly every single day, I simply never tire of them. Salads make quick and easy meals and can be varied depending on what ingredients I have on hand. They’re also a fantastic way to use up fresh vegetables before they expire. I have many here in the recipe index on my site, salads like my Italian spaghetti salad, chicken bacon ranch layer salad, and chopped chickpea salad with avocado double as a side dish or busy day entrée.
How to Make the Best Spinach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Spinach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette: Fresh baby spinach, Granny Smith apples, Bacon, red onion, feta cheese or bleu cheese crumbles, glazed pecans, boiled eggs and fresh sliced mushrooms.
- To make the Honey Dijon Vinaigrette you’ll need: Honey, apple cider vinegar, bacon drippings, Dijon mustard, grated onion or onion powder, salt and canola or vegetable oil.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large skillet, medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, large salad serving bowl, sharp knife and chopping board.
- You can use crumbled feta cheese or bleu cheese crumbled in this salad. You may also enjoy using small cubes of cheese.
- The apples should be prepared and added just before serving to prevent oxidation and the apples turning brown.
- This spinach salad is filled with so many delicious ingredients I actually love showcasing them by arranging each on top for presentation. When doing so, I recommend that you toss the salad with the vinaigrette just before serving.
- Alternatively, serve the vinaigrette on the side and let your family or guests serve themselves. This way each person can drizzle the honey Dijon vinaigrette on top in the amount that’s to their liking.
- You can store the ingredients for Spinach Salad in separate containers or plastic baggies in the refrigerator for make ahead meal prep.
- The Honey Dijon Vinaigrette can be stored chilled for up to 1 week in a mason jar or airtight container. Shake well before serving.
More Salad Recipes to Make
- Layered Southwestern Cornbread Salad can be served as a side dish or with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Watermelon Salad is perfection for summer picnics and barbecues.
- Cherry Tomato Cucumber Salad is good and good for you!
- Tangy German Potato Salad is dressed with a light vinegar dressing.
- Homestyle Macaroni Salad is a family favorite.
- Carrot Raisin Salad is a vintage dish that never gets old.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Spinach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 large hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- Honey Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp bacon drippings
- 1 tsp grated onion or 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat melt the honey, butter and sugar together.
- Add the pecans stirring constantly until mixture has reduced and the pecans are completely coated for around 3-5 minutes.Pour onto a silpat or non-stick surface to cool then break apart.
- Arrange the spinach, bacon, egg, feta, mushrooms, apple and onion in a large salad bowl .
- In a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together the honey, vinegar, Dijon, bacon drippings, onion, garlic salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the oil slowly in a steady stream whisking constantly until emulsified and thickened.
- Toss salad lightly with vinaigrette just before serving and serve extra on the side. (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
- Serve immediately.