Warm weather brings sunshine filled days, picnics, barbecues and lots of backyard entertaining. This collection of 10 Spectacular Salads for Your Memorial Day Barbecue are from right here in my own recipe file on Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen. It features some of the salads I return to over and over again for my own special meal preparation. When planning your menu it’s important to remember the dietary needs of your family and friends as well as serving side dishes that are dressed to impress. Be it. pasta, potato, or a fun salad like my layered Southwestern cornbread salad, side dishes are just as important as the entrée.
Helpful Tips for Serving Salads and Dining Outside
- When serving food outside, make sure you take care with how long mayonnaise based salads are exposed to the heat.
- When planning a cold salad bar, coordinate with other cooks so that there will be a variety of salads to enjoy and no duplicates.
- Don’t forget to pack the serving spoons to serve the salads once you reach your destination.
- It’s helpful to have a large cooler filled with ice to store foods safely between serving times.
- Also, have multiple serving spoons available in the event that some get misplaced or dropped on the ground.
- To keep salads cold, you can also insert into a large bowl filled with ice to keep cool.
- Serve condiments in inexpensive plastic squeeze bottles to make them easy to pick up and use.
- You may also enjoy this Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad from Eating on a Dime.
To scroll through the choices of these 10 Spectacular Salads for Your Memorial Day Barbecue:
If you like the picture, click on the link just above it and see how to make your favorites. Hopefully, having them in one place will remind you of the ones I’ve shared with you and give you side dish inspiration.