Easy 4-ingredient entrees like these bacon wrapped barbecue chicken breasts just doesn’t get any more lip smackin’ good. The boneless chicken breasts are rubbed with barbecue seasoning, then wrapped with bacon slices and brushed with barbecue sauce. Bake the chicken until tender and juicy on the inside and charred on the outside then it’s time to devour.
We love our barbecue here in North Carolina. We’re most famous for pork barbecue but, we tend to love all kinds of barbecue equally. In the Eastern parts of the state you’ll see barbecue served most often with a tangy sometimes spicy, vinegar based sauce. In the Western parts of NC barbecue is most often served dressed with a sweet tomato based sauce. I enjoy both but tend toward a sweeter sauce, personally.
There are so many delightful prepared barbecue sauces available it makes easy entrees like these bacon wrapped chicken breasts a cinch to make. Season the chicken breasts with barbecue seasoning, such as McCormick’s smokehouse maple or similar then wrap with 2 slices of bacon. Roast the chicken and brush liberally with your favorite sauce at the end of baking to char and it’s ready to eat in a snap. Add a side of cole slaw, corn on the cob and baked beans with a slice of cornbread and enjoy a taste of the South in your mouth!
- 4 (8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp barbecue seasoning, plus additional as needed (i.e. Smokehouse Maple or similar)
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a broiler pan or oven safe grill pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Rub the chicken breasts on all sides with the barbecue seasoning.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon. Place seam side down on the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F. Drain bacon fat from the pan, if needed and brush liberally on all sides with barbecue sauce. Continue to cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until charred and the juices run clear. (If you want to char further broil for 2 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes then serve.