Four-ingredient entrees like these Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Chicken Breasts just don't come any easier or lip smackin' good. Boneless chicken breasts are dry rubbed with barbecue seasoning, then wrapped with bacon slices and brushed with barbecue sauce. Bake the chicken until tender and juicy on the inside and charred on the outside then it's time to devour.
Barbecue Chicken and North Carolina Barbecue
We love our barbecue here in North Carolina. We're most famous for pork barbecue, but we tend to love all kinds of barbecue equally. In the Eastern parts of the state you'll see barbecue served most often with a tangy sometimes spicy, vinegar based sauce. In the Western parts of North Carolina, barbecue is most often served dressed with a sweet tomato based sauce. I enjoy both but tend toward a sweeter sauce, personally. That's typically what it comes down to with both seasonings and sauces, you can eat barbecue the way it suits you most.
Tip for Making Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Chicken Breasts
There are so many delightful prepared barbecue sauces available on the market it makes easy entrees like these chicken breasts a cinch to make.
- These chicken breasts can be assembled in advance and placed into an airtight container until baking.
- You may have a favorite barbecue seasoning but if not, no worries there are many readily available on the spice aisle at the grocery store.
- This recipe can easily be scaled up or down depending on your needs.
- Carefully season the chicken breasts with a flavorful barbecue seasoning, such as McCormick's smokehouse maple or similar, then wrap each piece with 2 slices of bacon.
- Roast the chicken and brush liberally with your favorite sauce at the end of baking to char and it's ready to eat in a snap.
- Add a side of cole slaw, corn on the cob and baked beans with a slice of cornbread and enjoy a taste of the South in your mouth.
- Are you a seafood fan? If so, you may like to try these BBQ Bacon Wrapped Scallops from Savory Experiments.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Chicken Breasts
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon barbecue seasoning plus additional as needed (i.e. Smokehouse Maple, Barbecue Magic or similar)
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a broiler pan or oven safe grill pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Rub the chicken breasts on all sides with the barbecue seasoning.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon. Place seam side down on the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F. Drain bacon fat from the pan if needed, and brush liberally on all sides with barbecue sauce.
- Continue to cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until charred and the juices run clear. (You may char further under the broiler for 2 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes then serve.