My family loves the island flavors of this Pineapple Glazed Jerk Chicken. It features the sweet and spicy flavor combination that always brings a smile to the faces around my kitchen table. Chicken legs are rubbed with jerk seasoning and baked until golden. Glazed with a sweet and spicy pineapple glaze, they’re nothing short of finger licking good.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Pineapple Glazed Jerk Chicken
- 3 lb chicken drumsticks
- 2 tsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning [i.e. McCormick's]
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- For the glaze:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large shallot minced [or 1/4 cup red onion]
- 3 Tbsp red bell pepper small dice
- 1  oz jar pineapple preserves
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes [or to taste]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Use an oven safe grill pan, broiler pan, or jelly roll pan fitted with a rack. spritz liberally with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken drumsticks. Mix together the Jamaican Jerk seasoning, minced garlic, olive oil and brown sugar to form a paste. Rub on all sides of the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place onto the pan. Sprinkle the top with additional seasoning, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking make the glaze. Saute diced shallot or red onion with the red pepper in 2 Tbsp butter until softened, around 4 minutes, Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well. Simmer for for 10-15 minutes until reduced by 1/4 then remove from the heat.
- After baking the chicken for 30 minutes, brush with the glaze. Turn and brush the other side with glaze.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and rest loosely tented with foil for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve leftover glaze warm on the side if desired.