This Strawberries and Cream Pie is filled with freshly glazed strawberries sitting on top of a whipped cream cheese filling. Garnished with more whipped cream, it transforms into a summertime dessert that's company worthy.
Strawberries and Cream a Heavenly Match-Up
Strawberries and whipped cream are one of those flavor combinations that thrill me to the core as surely, it's a match so glorious it had to have been made in heaven. Sweet, luscious, red strawberries and fluffy clouds of fresh whipped cream can only be described in heavenly terms. When fresh strawberries begin to show-up in our market it's sheer joy figuring out more ways to use them and strawberry pie is a given. I also frequently get requests for my strawberry cheesecake trifle and strawberries and cream poke cake. Along with those goodies, there must be pie.
Make Your Own Strawberry Glaze for Pie
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries And Cream Pie
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust baked and cooled
- 2 quart fresh strawberries divided
- ⅔-3/4 cup granulated sugar See Cook’s note
- ½ cup water plus 2 Tbsp
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- Few drops red food coloring
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sweetened fresh whipped cream for serving
- Rinse and hull the strawberries. In a food processor, puree enough strawberries to equal 1 cup and halve the rest. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, cook together the granulated sugar, water and pureed strawberries. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Lower the temperature to medium-high.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoon cold water, a little more if needed, and whisk into the strawberry sauce. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in ¼ teaspoon almond extract then set aside to cool.
- Adjust the color by adding a few drops of red food coloring, if desired.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, heavy cream, lemon juice and vanilla until fully combined. Spread onto the bottom of the cooled pie shell.
- Arrange the halved berries in rows starting at the center of the pie. Pour the glaze on top. Chill for at least 2-3 hours or until set.
- Serve with whipped cream.
The strawberry stand just opened last week! And now I know what I'm going to make! MMMmmm...
This is so pretty! My grandmother always made the best strawberry pies. I never thought of adding a cream cheese layer, but now I'm definitely going to have to do it! Thanks for the idea!
Very pretty ! I 'll make this when we start getting our local strawberries , which won't be to long now! Thanks Melissa!
I can't wait to try this! I'll probably replace most of the sugar with Splenda (the hubs and I are diabetic)and just use the confectioner's sugar with the cream cheese mixture. This looks and sounds so good!