This post brought to you by White Lily Flour
Casseroles like this Sausage Egg and Hash Brown Biscuit Bake represent breakfast comfort food at it's finest. This dish is a shoe-in for breakfast or brunch but, works equally well for those days you're in the mood to have breakfast for dinner.
Breakfast Ready Sausage Egg and Hash Brown Biscuit Bake
Helpful Tips for Making Sausage Egg Biscuit Bake
- I used chorizo sausage in this casserole, but you can use sage flavored pork sausage, mild pork sausage or whatever suits your fancy.
- Southwestern flavored hash browns give it a little kick, but you can use plain hash browns if that's your pleasure. There's plenty of room to personalize this dish to your own taste.
- When serving for brunch add a fruit compote to round out the meal. Leftovers reheat beautifully, too.
Other Breakfast Casseroles to Add to the Menu
- Ham and Swiss Brunch Delight
- Asiago Cheese and Italian Sausage Strata
- Ham Cheese and Hash Brown Brunch Bake
- Ham and Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclaimer: The J.M. Smucker Company has compensated me for this post as one of their 2015 Brand Ambassadors representing White Lily flour. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share trusted brands with you that I enjoy. ~ Melissa
Sausage Egg and Hash Brown Biscuit Bake
- 1 ½ cup White Lily Self-Rising flour
- 4 Tbsp cold butter cubed
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 12 oz ground chorizo or Itlaian or pork breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- 10 large eggs
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 20 oz refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes Southwestern or plain
- 2 ½ cup shredded colby-jack or pepper-jack cheese divided
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Use a pastry blender to cut the cold butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the buttermilk mixing just until combined. Using floured hands, press the dough onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sausage crumbles over the biscuit crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, grated Parmesan cheese, ground mustard, garlic salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the hash browns, 2 cup shredded cheese, and green onion.
- Pour the filling evenly over the sausage.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes back clean. Rest for 10 minutes, then serve.