Pull Apart Sausage Egg And Cheese Rolls – Like you I’m always looking for new ways to serve the classic flavors that my family loves. Enter pull apart sausage egg and cheese rolls. While we love breakfast foods in general, we tend to eat them more for brunch or dinner than at breakfast. School mornings are so rushed that my boys usually want something quick and easy before they start their day. Dishes like this one are perfect for week-end mornings or those days we have a little more time to linger over our meal.
These pull apart rolls are stuffed with a favorite breakfast combo of sausage, egg and cheese. The Parker house rolls that I used are already divided into portions making it fool proof. If you’re someone who likes to make things in advance you can assemble these rolls the night before then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill. I recommend that you wait and brush with melted butter just before baking. Since the bread and filling are chilled you’ll need to increase the baking time 5-10 minutes so watch carefully for over browning. Check the tops at 20 minutes and place aluminum foil on top if needed.
Serving them is super easy. I gently slide them onto a serving platter, then take a sharp knife and cut along the perforations so that they pull apart easily. but leaving them intact. The presentation is so pretty on a cake plate or festive platter and so easy to make.
- 1 [11 oz] package Parker House Style frozen dinner rolls [i.e. Sister Schubert's]
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided [or your favorite]
- 8 oz spicy or mild breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, chopped chives, salt and black pepper. Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a skillet and soft scramble the eggs. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Allow the rolls to thaw enough on the counter to cut in half. Brush the top and bottom with butter.
- To assemble: Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese on the bottom half.
- Arrange the eggs, crumbled sausage and remaining shredded cheese on the bottom piece..
- Place the top piece over the filling and brush all over with melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.