These Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms take all of the flavors we love about a loaded-up pizza without the crust. They’re ideal for gameday, lower carb snacking or any time that small bites are on the menu.
Easy Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
How to Make the Best Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms: Extra large white button mushroom caps, spicy or mild Italian sausage, olive oil, red onion, green bell pepper, pizza sauce, crushed red pepper flakes (optional) chive and onion cream cheese, garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped parsley and black olives.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Skillet, sheet pans, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater.
- You can use spicy or mild Italian sausage in these mushrooms according to your personal preference.
- You could vary the filling ingredients according to your taste, just like preparing a conventional pizza. If you aren’t a fan of black olives, leave them out, or replace with green olives.
- Stuffed mushrooms can also be made and assembled the night before, covered and chilled, then baked just before serving.
- Keep in mind that mushrooms are like sponges. When cleaning them, never submerge them in water or they’ll absorb too much liquid. Use a brush to clean the exterior.
- Extra large mushroom caps were used in this recipe. If you use smaller mushrooms, the yield will be greater.
- Mushrooms will release liquid while baking. Carefully remove baked mushrooms to a paper towel to adsorb liquid before plating and serving with additional pizza sauce on the side.
- Store baked Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
More Easy Mushroom Recipes to Make
- Creamy Mushroom and Vidalia Onion Gratin is a delicious side for roast beef or chicken.
- Pork Tips Stroganoff with Mushrooms and Onions are comfort food 101 served over mashed potatoes.
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms are packed with flavor.
- Open Faced Mushroom Onion Steakburgers are baked in the oven.
- Better than takeout Asian style Mushroom Chicken Recipe.
- Skip the bun and enjoy these Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Sautéed steakhouse style Mushrooms with Garlic Butter.
- Mushroom Risotto from A Family Feast.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 extra large white button mushroom caps
- 1/2 lb ground spicy Italian sausage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce plus additional for serving
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley plus additional for garnishing
- 1 4 oz can sliced ripe olives drained
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean mushrooms and using a paring knife, remove the stems and gills. Arrange them on baking sheet.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage in a drizzle of olive oil with onion and green pepper until no pink remains..
- Drain any excess fat from the pan, Add garlic salt, oregano, red pepper flakes, and pizza sauce. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes just until the flavors have combined.
- Add cream cheese stirring until completely melted. Remove pan from heat. Add Parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parsley and olives. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Divide filling between mushroom caps. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the cheese has melted and the tops are lightly golden. Rest on pan for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired. Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping.
b) Extra large mushroom caps were used in this recipe. If you use smaller mushrooms, the yield will be greater.