Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms – The stuffing options for mushrooms is endless. Stuffed mushrooms are perfectly suited for serving as an appetizer for any style of meal from casual to sit down elegance. They are an absolute favorite in my household.
Depending on the variety the size of mushrooms is all over the place. These mushroom caps I purchased at my local Costco, and they are large jumbo-size mushrooms. If you use a smaller variety of mushrooms, you’ll have ample filling to make more than 30 so, have extra on hand just in case. These Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms celebrate everything you love about a barbecue bacon cheeseburger without the bun. They make for fun munchies on game day, race day or any day of year.
Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
- 30 large/jumbo mushroom caps
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickle chips
- 2 tsp barbecue seasoning
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Garnishes: sliced green onion bacon crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spritz a baking sheet with cooking spray. Hollow the mushroom caps removing the stem.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon then set aside on paper towels to drain. Reserve 3 Tbsp of drippings. Add the diced onion and ground beef to the pan. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce. Cook until no pink remains then add the minced garlic. Continue to cook until the garlic is fragrant around 1-2 minutes. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add the cream cheese, barbecue sauce, dill pickles, barbecue seasoning and mustard. Cook until the cream cheese has melted and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Remove from the heat. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Fill the mushroom caps and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms have softened. Serve immediately.
2) Depending on the size of the mushrooms, the yield may be greater. Extra filling, can be frozen if needed.
3) The mushrooms will release liquid while baking. Drain on a paper towel before transferring to a serving platter.