When bite-size snacks are on the menu, these Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms never disappoint. They're certain to please the low carb eaters and carnivores, alike.
Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms are incredibly versatile and they tend to take on the flavor of the dish they're being used to make. The stuffing options are endless. I think, stuffed mushrooms are perfectly suited for serving as an appetizer regardless of the event. Whether you're hosting a potluck tailgating party or a casually elegant soiree at the holidays. We love them, and stuffing them with cheesy goodness just never gets old. If you're a seafood fan, checkout this recipe for crab stuffed mushrooms from The Blond Cook, too. Stuffed mushrooms are certain to remain a favorite in my household.
How to Make the Best Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms: Lean ground beef, bacon, olive oil, diced onion, large mushroom caps (white mushrooms or portabella mushrooms) salt, black pepper, garlic, barbecue sauce, chive and onion cream cheese, dill pickles, Worcestershire sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and green onions for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A large skillet, sheet pan, large spoon, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board and a cheese grater.
- Depending on the type of mushroom, the size varies. The mushroom caps used in this recipe, were purchased at my local Costco, and they are were large jumbo-size mushrooms. The filling amount reflects this.
- If you use a smaller variety of mushrooms, you'll have ample cheeseburger filling to make more than 30 so, have extra mushrooms on hand just in case.
- The filling for these mushrooms can be prepared in advance and chilled for a time saver.
- The mushrooms can be assembled fully, place on a pan then covered and chilled until you're ready to bake just before serving.
- To remove the stem from the mushroom cap, move it back and forth and pop it out. Use a small paring knife to cut around the gills to remove.
- Other cheeseburger fan favorites here in the recipe index are my recipes for Bacon Cheeseburger Pie and Stuffed Cheeseburger Rolls.
- Store baked Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Mushrooms chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a sheet pan in a 375°F oven until heated through, in an air fryer for a couple of minutes or in the microwave.
More Easy Mushroom Recipes to Make
- Mushroom Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza can be served as a meatless main dish or an appetizer.
- Salisbury Steak with Onion and Mushroom Gravy.
- Sautéed Mushrooms with Garlic Butter are the perfect side for steak, pork or chicken.
- Steak and Mushroom Pie is a rustic single crust pie.
- Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms features all of our favorite pizza flavors.
- Portabella Mushroom and Vidalia Onion Gratin is a rich and decadent side dish for beef and steak.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
- 30 large-jumbo mushroom caps stems and gills removed
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¾ lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese
- ½ cup barbecue sauce your favorite
- ¼ cup diced dill pickle chips
- 2 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Garnishes: sliced green onion bacon crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spritz a standard size baking sheet with cooking spray. Hollow the mushroom caps removing the stem.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon then set aside on paper towels to drain. Reserve 3 tablespoon drippings. Add the diced onion and ground beef to the drippings. Season with salt and black pepper. Add Worcestershire sauce. (Adjust salt according to BBQ seasoning used)
- Cook until no pink remains, then add minced garlic. Continue to cook until the garlic is fragrant around 1-2 minutes. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add cream cheese, barbecue sauce, dill pickles, barbecue seasoning and mustard. Cook until cream cheese has melted and ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Remove from the heat. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well. Divide filling among mushroom caps, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms have softened. Serve immediately.
2) Depending on the size of the mushrooms, the yield may be greater. Extra filling, can be frozen if needed.
3) The mushrooms will release liquid while baking. Drain on a paper towel before transferring to a serving platter
These look so yummy - can't wait to make them. The directions say to add mustard, but there isn't any listed in the ingredients. How much should be used?
HI Bunny these are super yum! Add the mustard to the skillet along with the cream cheese, barbecue sauce, dill pickles and BBQ seasoning.
Carol at Wild Goose Tea
I love stuffed mushrooms. Mine have become pretty humdrum. I am liking the change up with this easy recipe. Excellent
I love this idea. I have to try this for a Super Bowl party. Everyone will love them!