Put the ooey gooey in your munchies with this Supreme Pizza Dip. Made with onions, mushrooms, green bell pepper and pepperoni all smothered in a cream cheese base with lots of pizza sauce giving it Italian flair. Top it off with pepperoni and lots of cheese then bake it until hot and bubbly and the cheese has melted. Serve it immediately with warm bread sticks or chips for dipping.
I think every cook has their own version of pizza dip. This one is filled with the toppings you might find on a deluxe or supreme pizza and topped with pepperoni. I really love serving this one since it pleases the pizza lovers and carb counters at the same time. This dip is delicious served with a variety of veggie dippers, chips, crackers, or cheesy bread sticks. Another perk about this dip is, that it can be made in advance, then kept chilled until the party begins. Pull it out of the fridge and pop it into the oven to bake just before serving. It’s easy to prepare and there’s never a spoonful left behind.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
- Enameled Cast Iron Casserole with Lid
- Cast Iron Baking and Pizza Pan
- Pizza Cutter
- Bread Warmer and Basket
Supreme Pizza Dip
- 1 medium sweet onion small dice
- 1 small green pepper small dice
- 4 oz mushrooms diced [your preference]
- olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb spicy or mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1  oz pizza sauce
- 1 [16 oz] whipped cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1  oz can sliced black olives drained
- 3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 28-30 slices pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz an 8 x 12 inch baking dish or 12 inch round baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- On the stovetop over medium-high heat, cook the onion, green pepper and diced mushrooms in a few drizzles of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage and cook until no pink remains. Drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Add the seasonings, pizza sauce, whipped cream cheese and grated Parmesan.
- Cook over low heat just until the cream cheese melts and blends with the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sliced black olives. Adjust the salt if needed to your taste. Stir well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top. Arrange the pepperoni slices over the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese melts and the dip is bubbly.
- Serve immediately with chips, bread sticks or vegetables for dipping