This cheesy Supreme Pizza Tortellini Bake is ideal for a family feast or dinner with friends. It's filled with cheese tortellini, Italian sausage, pepperoni slices, fresh mushrooms, bell peppers and onion with a sprinkling of black olives and a generous amount of cheese. It encompasses all of the flavors you would enjoy on a loaded up supreme pizza in a pasta dish that's unforgettable.
Supreme Pizza Tortellini is Family Tested and Approved
There isn't one recipe in the MSSK recipe index that hasn't been run by my family first. Not one. Pasta is always a favorite with both kids and adults as well as pizza and my teenage boys are no different. Dishes like Cowboy Spaghetti and One Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo always brings them to the table in a hurry. They would happily make a complete meal out of this with or without a side salad and garlic bread but, it certainly completes the meal.
Adaptations You Can Make to Personalize Pizza Tortellini
This dish is one that leaves room for personalizing to your taste. For example, if you aren't a fan of mushrooms, just leave them out. If you'd like to add a little more kick, use a poblano pepper in place of the green bell pepper and add pepper jack cheese. I'm a firm believer that cooking should be fun and made to your personal taste when a recipe allows and this recipe certainly fits the bill. For a timesaver, this dish can be assembled in advance and have it ready to bake when you're ready to eat.
Other Supreme Pizza Recipes to Add to the Menu
If you're a fan of all things "supreme" see also my Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms and Supreme Pizza Dip perfect for game day parties. Other dishes to try is this Supreme Pizza Party Bread and Pizza Pasta Salad for your next potluck gathering.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Supreme Pizza Tortellini Skillet
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Olive oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 medium red or sweet onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms plus additional for the top
- 2 24 oz jars marinara sauce
- 1 8 oz block mozzarella cheese cubed
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 1 3.5 oz sliced pepperoni divided
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives well drained
- 3 Tbsp Chopped fresh Italian parsley divided
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the bottom and sides of a 12 inch cast iron skillet or similar with olive oil. Set aside.
- Cook the tortellini in salted water per the package instructions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Over medium high heat cook together the Italian sausage, onion, pepper and mushrooms until no pink remains in the sausage. Drain excess fat from the pan.
- Place tortellini in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked sausage, marinara sauce, cubed mozzarella, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, olives, 2 Tbsp parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix well then pour into the skillet. (Set aside 15 pepperoni slices and additional mushroom slices for the top.)
- Arrange remaining pepperoni and mushrooms on top. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minute or until bubbly and the cheese is golden.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.