This cheesy Supreme Pizza Tortellini Bake is ideal for a family feast or dinner with friends. It's filled with cheese tortellini, Italian sausage, pepperoni slices, fresh mushrooms, bell peppers and onion with a sprinkling of black olives and a generous amount of mozzarella cheese. It encompasses all of the flavors you would enjoy on a loaded up supreme pizza in the form of a family friendly pasta dish.
Easy Supreme Pizza Tortellini Bake Recipe
There isn't one recipe in the MSSK recipe index that hasn't been run by my family first. Not one. Pasta is always a favorite with both kids and adults as well as pizza and my teenage boys are no different. Dishes like Cowboy Spaghetti and One Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo always brings them to the table in a hurry. They would happily make a complete meal out of this with or without a side salad and garlic bread but, it certainly completes the meal.
How to Make the BEST Supreme Pizza Tortellini Bake Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make Supreme Pizza Tortellini: Refrigerated cheese tortellini, Italian sausage, onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, marinara sauce, garlic salt, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, parsley, dry Italian seasoning, crushedred pepper flakes and sliced black olives.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: Large pot, 12 inch skillet or 13 x 9 inch baking dish, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater, large spoon for stirring.
- Adaptations You Can Make to Personalize Pizza Tortellini: This dish is one that leaves room for personalizing to your taste. For example, if you aren't a fan of mushrooms, you can just leave them out.
- If you'd like to add a little more kick, use a poblano pepper in place of the green bell pepper and add pepper jack cheese. I'm a firm believer that cooking should be fun and made to your personal taste when a recipe allows and this recipe certainly fits the bill.
- You could adapt this recipe using ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken in place of the Italian sausage.
- Choose a prepared pasta sauce and brand that you already enjoy to make this tortellini casserole and you'll be guaranteed a delicious end result.
- For a timesaver, this dish can be assembled one day in advance then popped into the refrigerator to chill, When doing so, allow 15 minutes or so on the counter and bake according to the recipe, adding time as needed.
- Reheat baked Supreme Pizza Tortellini in single servings in the microwave just until heated through.
- If you're a fan of all things "supreme" see also my Supreme Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms and Supreme Pizza Dip perfect for game day parties. Other dishes to try is this Supreme Pizza Party Bread and Pizza Pasta Salad from Tastes Better from Scratch for your next potluck gathering.
More Pasta Recipes to Make
- This Crockpot Pasta Casserole is cheesy and delicious.
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is impressive enough to serve when entertaining.
- Chicken Pasta Salad can be served as a side dish or a lighter main dish on a busy day.
- This Cowboy Pasta Salad will add a little kick to the menu.
- This Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta is packed with flavor.
- This classic Minestrone recipe features tiny ditalini pasta that the kiddos seem to love.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Supreme Pizza Tortellini Skillet
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Olive oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 medium red or sweet onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms plus additional for the top
- 2 24 oz jars marinara sauce
- 1 8 oz block mozzarella cheese cubed
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 1 3.5 oz sliced pepperoni divided
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives well drained
- 3 tablespoon Chopped fresh Italian parsley divided
- 2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the bottom and sides of a 12 inch cast iron skillet or similar with olive oil. Set aside.
- Cook the tortellini in salted water per the package instructions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Over medium high heat cook together the Italian sausage, onion, pepper and mushrooms until no pink remains in the sausage. Drain excess fat from the pan.
- Place tortellini in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked sausage, marinara sauce, cubed mozzarella, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, olives, 2 tablespoon parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix well then pour into the skillet. (Set aside 15 pepperoni slices and additional mushroom slices for the top.)
- Arrange remaining pepperoni and mushrooms on top. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minute or until bubbly and the cheese is golden.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.
I don’t have a cast iron skillet. Can a baking dish be substituted? This recipe sounds really good, and I’d love to try it
Hi Lisa, absolutely yes! You can bake this in a 13 x 9 inch glass or ceramic dish, no problem.