One Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon is a one dish homestyle Italian feast. Boneless chicken pieces marinated in a robust Italian dressing are then browned in bacon drippings with onion for added flavor. The fettuccine cooks in the Parmesan cream sauce until tender then dinner is on the table and ready to eat.
One Pot Wonders
One pot meals are particularly helpful on busy days. My life is no different from yours, I have two teenage sons with very active school, sports and social activities. So, dishes that have ingredients that I can prepare a bit in advance with the bonus of being able to use one pot or skillet to prepare is like a rockstar meal after a busy day. One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Skillet Cowboy Rice Casserole are two my family loves. Delicious and hearty with easy clean-up to boot.
Busy Day Meal Tips
I make it a habit to prep as many ingredients as possible the night before a particularly busy day. It lowers my stress level considerably just to know that half of the work is already done. It’s a money saver too, as you’re less likely to be tempted to order takeout or go through a drive through on the way home.
Things you should do:
- Prep the ingredients in advance, place in separate storage bags and chill. This includes placing the chicken pieces in the marinade, chopping the onion and slice the bacon strips for quicker cooking.
- Decide which pot you’re going to use and have it easily accessible.
- A salad is a terrific accompaniment. Once you decide what you’d like to make, take inventory to be certain you have the ingredients on hand. After cleaning each ingredient go ahead and chop, dice or shred as needed. Separate into storage bags or containers and have them ready to assemble just before serving. This can also be done while the chicken fettuccine alfredo is cooking.
Other One Pot Meals You May Like
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
One Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts 1/3-inch strips
- 1 8-oz bottle zesty Italian dressing
- 5 slices bacon sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 lb dry fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups grated fresh Parmesan Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pour salad dressing over sliced chicken. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large 6 quart dutch oven or deep heavy bottomed pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool. Crumble and set side.
- Add diced onion to drippings, cook for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain well. Over medium-high heat brown the chicken on each side in bacon drippings. Do not cook through. Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove to a platter between batches.
- Add browned chicken, chicken broth, cream, butter, salt, and fettuccine to the pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately lower the heat and simmer covered for about 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the Parmesan cheese and bacon reserving some of each for garnishing. Mix well.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese, reserved bacon and parsley just before serving.