This post originally brought to you by Sister Schubert's
These ooey gooey Stuffed Pizza Rolls are the ideal small bite option. Enjoy them as an appetizer, casual meal or game day snack.
Shareable Pizza Rolls for any Occasion
During the holiday season we cooks have to be ready to serve foods that will suit every guests taste. That's no small fete and it's always a challenge. Especially when it comes to the youngest ones and the picky palates around the table. Every gracious host and hostess knows the importance of planning special memorable dishes for everyone to enjoy. Don't we all associate special meals and favorite dishes with the loved ones who made them? It's one of the most heartwarming parts of my family's holiday meal celebrations.
Pizza is Always a Winning Choice
- These stuffed pizza rolls can be assembled the night before then tightly wrapped and stored in the fridge.
- Just before baking, unwrap and brush liberally with seasoned butter then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- You can serve them hot straight from the oven as an appetizer or along with the main dish meal. They're so tasty that everyone will be reaching for one of these gooey and delicious stuffed pizza rolls.
Other Pizza Inspired Recipes to Try
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Pizza Muffins from Bread Booze and Bacon
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sister Schubert's. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy. ~ Melissa
Stuffed Pizza Rolls
- 1 11 oz package Sister Schubert's Parker House Style Yeast Rolls
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 clove garlic minced
- ¾ tsp dry Italian seasoning divided
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ lb spicy ground Italian sausage
- 12 thick slices mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup pizza sauce plus additional for serving
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thaw the Sister Schubert's Parker House Style Yeast Rolls per the package directions. Cut in half keeping the top and bottom pieces intact. Place onto pan.
- In a skillet cook the diced onion and green pepper in a couple of drizzles of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook for around 5 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Add garlic cooking for 1 minute longer.
- Add the ground beef, Italian sausage and ½ tsp Italian seasoning. Cook until no pink remains and the meat has browned. Drain all excess fat from the pan. Set aside to cool slightly.
- On the bottom piece of bread, layer 6 slices of mozzarella cheese. Spread the cooked meat mixture evenly on top.
- Drizzle sausage with ½ cup of pizza sauce. Arrange the remaining sliced mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with the top piece of bread.
- Mix melted butter, with ¼ tsp dry Italian seasoning and ¼ tsp of garlic salt. Brush the top and sides of the bread. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes then uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the top is golden.
- Cut or pull apart and serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.