These Sheet Pan Chili-Lime Chicken Fajitas are as flavorful as the colors are vibrant. Made entirely in the oven, these fajitas are easy enough for a quick weekday meal but, delicious enough to serve to friends when hosting a homemade fiesta. Prepare the chicken strips and cut the vegetables up in advance and it becomes a 30 minute meal in the making.
My family could eat Mexican food nearly every day of the week without a single complaint. I admit, I love it too, and never tire of the robust seasonings and flavors. My life is incredibly busy so like you, I also look for shortcut meals that don’t require a lot of fuss to prepare. To save time, I like to prepare the ingredients for these sheet pan chili lime fajitas in advance and place in separate Ziploc bags then store in the fridge. When I run in from a busy afternoon, quickly arrange everything on a large sheet pan or two if needed, and toss everything into the oven to bake. To assist in browning the vegetables, stir halfway through roasting and drain any excess liquid from the pan. Serve these chili-lime chicken fajitas with warm tortillas, a dollop of sour cream then topped with some homemade pico de gallo and you’re good to go.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sheet Pan Chili-Lime Chicken Fajitas
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dark chili powder
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper m 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large poblano pepper 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion 1/4 inch slices
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Assorted toppings: Sour cream Cojita cheese, Pico de gallo. shredded lettuce
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/3-inch thick pieces. Add to a large zip top storage bag.
- To the bag add the oil, lime juice and seasonings. Close the bag and mix until the chicken is completely coated. Store chilled for 1 hour or overnight.
- To prepare: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Liberally spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. (Use 2 baking sheets, if needed)
- Arrange the seasoned chicken, sliced peppers and onion in a single layer on the sheet,
- Drizzle the vegetables lightly with olive oil and season with garlic salt and black pepper. (Eyeball the amounts)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes total or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil to char during the last 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.