These Sheet Pan Chili-Lime Chicken Fajitas are as flavorful as the colors are vibrant. Made entirely in the oven, these fajitas are easy enough for a quick weekday meal, but delicious enough to serve to friends when hosting a homemade fiesta. Prepare the chicken strips and cut the vegetables up in advance and it becomes a 30 minute meal in the making.
Easy Sheet Pan Chili-Lime Chicken Fajitas Recipe
My family could eat Mexican food nearly every day of the week without a single complaint. I admit, I love it too, and never tire of the robust seasonings and flavors. My life is incredibly busy, so like you, I also look for shortcut meals that don't require a lot of fuss to prepare. Skillet meals like sirloin tips with peppers and onion, sheet pan kielbasa and potato hash and sweet chili chicken and vegetable foil packs are some of our favorites. These chicken fajitas also fit that bill perfectly. There's nothing like coming home after a busy afternoon and having the ingredients ready to go. When prepping in advance, you can quickly arrange everything on a large sheet pan, or two, and toss everything into the oven to bake.
How to Make the Best Sheet Pan Chili Lime Chicken Fajitas
You can prep the ingredients in advance and place into separate ziploc bags in the fridge. After a busy day, the ingredients are ready to season and toss into the oven.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Sheet Pan Chili LIme Chicken Fajitas: Boneless skinless chicken breasts, poblano or green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red onion, dark chili powder, cumin, ancho chili pepper, lemon pepper, garlic salt, fresh lime juice and w3arm tortillas for serving.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large sheet pan or two medium size pans to divide the ingredients, a sharp knife and cutting board, citrus juicer, measuring spoons and Ziploc bags, if making in advance.
- To save time, I recommend taking the time to prepare the ingredients for these chicken fajitas in advance and place in separate Ziploc bags. Pop them into in the fridge and they'll be ready for baking you when you're ready to eat.
- To assist in browning the vegetables, stir halfway through roasting and drain any excess liquid from the pan to prevent them steaming instead of roasting.
- Serve these chili-lime chicken fajitas with warm tortillas, a dollop of sour cream then topped with some homemade pico de gallo and you're good to go.
- Store leftover Chili Lime Chicken Fajitas in separate containers for up to 3 days. Separate the chicken from the vegetables for the best shelf life. Store in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Make
Chicken cooks quickly and leftovers keep well when handled properly. More easy chicken recipes you may like to try:
- Air Fryer Barbecue Chicken Kabobs can be assembled in advance then cooked in an air fryer when you're ready to eat.
- Chicken Cakes come with a bonus recipe for a spicy remoulade that takes them over the top.
- Homemade White Chicken Chili packs a punch of flavor.
- You can have this Stovetop Chicken and Dumplings made in 30 minutes.
- Skip takeout and make your own Cashew Chicken at home.
- Crockpot Pulled Chicken Tacos are another quick and easy meal that simmers while you go about your day.
- For more chicken inspiration checkout 20 Melt-In-Your-Mouth Chicken Breast Recipes on Parade.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sheet Pan Chili-Lime Chicken Fajitas
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper m ¼-inch slices
- 1 large poblano pepper ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion ¼ inch slices
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Assorted toppings: Sour cream Cojita cheese, Pico de gallo. shredded lettuce
- Slice the chicken breasts into ⅓-inch thick pieces. Add to a large zip top storage bag.
- To the bag add the oil, lime juice and seasonings. Close the bag and mix until the chicken is completely coated. Store chilled for 1 hour or overnight.
- To prepare: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Liberally spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. (Use 2 baking sheets, if needed)
- Arrange the seasoned chicken, sliced peppers and onion in a single layer on the sheet,
- Drizzle the vegetables lightly with olive oil and season with garlic salt and black pepper. (Eyeball the amounts)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes total or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil to char during the last 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.