Pull apart bread like these cheese filled Tear and Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists are great for entertaining. Bread dough is slathered with garlic-herb butter then sprinkled with shredded cheese. After twisting into breadsticks they bake until puffed and golden. Share them on pizza night, as a sidekick to pasta or as an appetizer with marinara for dipping. They’re guaranteed to be a hit every time.
Tear and Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists
I love serving interactive meals. What do I mean by that? Well, interactive meals are those that encourage your guests to get involved either in the prep work, the cooking, or in the case of this bread, the sharing. When entertaining, most people offer to help when they arrive and if you’re hosting a casual event, I think you should let them. It’s a fun way to get the evening started on the right foot and who knows, you may teach them how to make something new at their home. Make food and memories.
Tips for Making Cheesy Italian Bread Twists
- To simplify prep, these bread twists start with frozen white bread dough. If you’re someone who thinks homemade bread making seems a bit intimidating, you can rest easy. There’s no blooming yeast or wondering if the dough will rise with this recipe.
- When preparing to spread the dough into a rectangle, I find that it’s easier to cut the dough into equal size pieces then press them together. That’s what you see in the first of the step-by-step preparation images. It makes it simpler to press the dough then starting with one huge piece and stretching it into a rectangle.
- While there are several steps to make this bread, it’s worth every one of them. The soft bread twists bake together forming one large cheese filled loaf, with golden tops and a buttery garlic-herb flavor. It’s over-the-top delicious and it’s a hit each and every time I serve it.
Other Pull Apart Breads to Add to the Menu
- My Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Garlic Bread
- Ooey gooey Praline Pecan Monkey Bread for your next pizza party or brunch.
- You may also like these Broccoli Chicken Bread Rolls from Spend with Pennies.
There’s nothing like that buttery finish!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Tear And Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists
- 2 loaves frozen white bread thawed (i.e. Rhodes or similar)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, plus 2 Tbsp melted and divided
- 2 cup finely shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt divided
- Thaw bread dough in refrigerator covered per the package instructions.
- When thawed, use a sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut each loaf into 9 equal pieces. Lay side by side on a non-stick surface then press together to form roughly two 10 x 16 inch rectangles.
- Brush the entire surface of one rectangle with melted butter. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning and a 1/4 tsp garlic salt. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the grated Parmesan cheese. (May adjust salt to taste)
- Top with second rectangle of dough. Pinch edges to seal.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut from side to side into strips around 3/4 inches thick. Should yield around 15 pieces.
- Nest, cut from top to bottom through the middle forming 30 shorter strips. Separate the pieces and twist.
- Arrange side by side in a buttered 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Brush the tops with butter, then pour any remaining butter over the twists reserving a small amount for after baking.
- Sprinkle top with remaining dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt and grated Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the bread twists for 22-25 minutes until golden and cooked through. Check at 22 minutes and lay aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Brush with reserved melted butter and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired. Serve immediately.