This ooey gooey Praline-Pecan Monkey Bread Using Rhodes Frozen Yeast Rolls is a Southern spin off of a pull apart bread classic. Rounds of dough, quartered then coated in melted butter, cinnamon and sugar are then soaked in a buttery praline sauce laced with toasted pecans. It’s truly a one-of-a-kind sensation. For the lovers of all things gooey these Praline-Pecan Monkey Bread never disappoints.
I can still remember my first ooey gooey taste of praline pecan monkey bread. It tasted like a bite of heaven, I thought to myself. Today, I still have the same reaction. After all, small bites of dough, rolled in cinnamon and sugar then dipped in butter, couldn’t possibly be called anything else. Traditionally, monkey bread would begin with quartered refrigerated biscuit dough. Just like my savory version Garlic-Parmesan Pull Apart Bread, I begin my monkey bread with rounds of frozen yeast rolls thawed so, they’re easier to quarter. I then add a decadent praline sauce and plenty of toasted pecans….ad voila these Praline Pecan Monkey Bread Using Rhodes Frozen Yeast Rolls are born. The rest, as they say, is history.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Praline Pecan Monkey Bread Using Rhodes Frozen Yeast Rolls
- 1 cup pecan pieces toasted & divided
- 20 frozen yeast rolls thawed & quartered [I used Rhodes]
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter [1 1/2 sticks]
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla or rum extract
- sea salt
- minutes prior to preparing: Place the frozen yeast rolls in a single layer on a platter, and thaw on the counter for 30 minutes. If the rolls are slightly frozen in the middle, they're much easier to quarter. Use a sharp knife and quarter each roll.
- Toast the pecans: Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spread the pecan pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely
- To assemble: Spritz a tube pan with cooking spray. [The rolls will rise while baking. A Bundt pan is not quite deep enough for this monkey bread]
- Mix together 2/3 cup of granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Toss with the quartered rolls in a large plastic storage bag until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the toasted pecans on the bottom of the tube pan.
- Layer half of the quartered rolls on top of the pecans in the pan.
- Sprinkle the first layer of rolls with 1/3 of the remaining pecan pieces.
- Layer the remaining quartered rolls on top.
- Sprinkle any leftover cinnamon and sugar over all.
- Top with the last 1/3 cup of toasted pecan pieces.
- On the stove top, melt the brown sugar, butter and heavy cream together over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla or rum extract. The mixture will be hot, handle carefully.
- Pour evenly over the rolls in the pan. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35-40 minutes until golden. Rest for 5-10 minutes before carefully inverting onto a platter.
- All of the gooey praline sauce will drizzle down the sides. Sprinkle the top with sea salt.
- Pull apart and enjoy!