This ooey gooey Praline-Pecan Monkey Bread is a Southern spin off of a pull apart bread classic. Rounds of dough, quartered then coated in melted butter, cinnamon and sugar are then soaked in a buttery praline sauce laced with toasted pecans. It's truly a one-of-a-kind sensation. For the lovers of all things gooey these sweet roils never disappoint.
Praline Pecan Monkey Bread
I can still remember my first ooey gooey taste of monkey bread. It tasted like a bite of heaven, I thought to myself. Today, I still have the same reaction. After all, small bites of dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar, and smothered with a buttery caramel sauce couldn't possibly be called anything else. This variation is unapologetically indulgent and makes the perfect sweet ending to a casual pizza party or a fancy brunch.
Skip the Canned Biscuits and Use Dinner Rolls
Other Sweet and Savory Pull Apart Bread Recipes to Add to the Menu
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread
- Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks
- Pull Apart Pepperoni Bread Sticks
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Praline Pecan Monkey Bread
- 1 cup pecan pieces toasted & divided
- 20 frozen yeast rolls thawed but still cold, quartered [I used Rhodes]
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla or rum extract
- sea salt optional
- Prior to preparing: Place the frozen yeast rolls in a single layer on a platter, and thaw on the counter for 30 minutes. If the rolls are slightly frozen in the middle, they're much easier to quarter. Use a sharp knife and quarter each roll.
- Toast the pecans: Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spread the pecan pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely
- To assemble: Spritz a tube pan with cooking spray. [The rolls will rise while baking. A Bundt pan is not quite deep enough for this monkey bread]
- Mix together ⅔ cup of granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Toss with the quartered rolls in a large plastic storage bag until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the toasted pecans on the bottom of the tube pan.
- Layer half of the quartered rolls on top of the pecans in the pan.
- Sprinkle the first layer of rolls with ⅓ of the remaining pecan pieces.
- Layer the remaining quartered rolls on top.
- Sprinkle any leftover cinnamon and sugar over all.
- Top with the last ⅓ cup of toasted pecan pieces.
- On the stove top, melt the brown sugar, butter and heavy cream together over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla or rum extract. The mixture will be hot, handle carefully.
- Pour evenly over the rolls in the pan. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35-40 minutes until golden. Rest for 5-10 minutes before carefully inverting onto a platter.
- All of the gooey praline sauce will drizzle down the sides. Sprinkle the top with sea salt.
- Pull apart and enjoy!