This Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark is a must-make for the sweet and salty fans in your life. Package it in decorative tins and give it as gifts or serve it for family movie night and casual gatherings.
Easy Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark Recipe
You can wrap this bark and give it as a teacher's gift, or maybe for that special Coach or friendly neighbor. The beauty of making this kind of candy is that the process is simple enough that even the kids can help. I love that no two batches ever look exactly the same. You can whip-up a batch in minutes for game day and race day sweets or just for snacking. I love candy bark in general and in particular this triple chocolate combo making every bite a surprise flavor treat. It comes with easy prep ending with big results.
How to Make the Best Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark: Ridged potato chips, milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, solid vegetable shortening and heavy cream.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large sheet pan lined with parchment paper or wax paper, three microwave safe bowls, measuring spoons and spoons for stirring and drizzling the chocolate.
- How to you make potato chip bark? Spread the potato chips on a large sheet pan. Melt each flavor of chocolate separately then drizzle over the potato chips. Allow time to set, then break apart and enjoy.
- I find that ridged potato chips work best for this potato chip bark recipe.
- The purpose of the vegetable shortening is to thin the chocolate without changing the character of the chocolate. It also will stabilize the chocolate.
- You can add heavy cream only if needed to thin further, but use it sparingly.
- Use quality chocolate and it will melt smoothly. I typically gravitate to Ghiradelli or a similar quality brand as it melts more smoothly making adding more cream unnecessary.
- White chocolate can be a little more challenging to melt in the microwave, so a double boiler works best if you have one handy. If you don't, you can place a tempered glass bowl over a pot of simmering (not boiling) water. Don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate periodically until it's smooth.
- Store this Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark at room temperature in an air tight container for up to one week.
More Easy Sweets and Bark Recipes to Make
- Other easy bark recipes you may like is my recipe for Rocky Road Pretzel Bark, delicious Tiger Butter Bark for the peanut butter fans and Mint Chocolate Cookie Bark using Oreo cookies.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks made with chow mein noodles.
- Southern Divinity Candy is light and fluffy.
- Chocolate Dipped Scotcheroos Bon Bons can be decorated to suit the occasion.
- Sweet and Salty Candy Clusters are filled with peanuts and pretzels.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Crunch Bars are packed with flavor.
- You may also like this recipe for Sugar Cookie Bark from Crazy for Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark
- 6 cups ruffled potato chips divided
- 1 11.5 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening divided use
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream if needed to thin
- Line a 11 x 15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Arrange 5 cups of potato chips on the paper. Crush the remaining 1 cup and set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips with 2 tablespoon of vegetable shortening in the microwave on 50% power. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Drizzle over the potato chips. (Add 1-2 tablespoon heavy cream to thin further, if needed.)
- Melt dark chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening. Drizzle over the milk chocolate. (Add 1 tablespoon heavy cream to thin further, if needed)
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler with 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening. Drizzle over the chips. (Add 1 tablespoon heavy cream to thin further, if needed)
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed potato chips on top while the chocolate is wet.
- Place pan into the refrigerator chilling until set. Break or cut into desired size pieces.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
I am too, Linda. I just made a batch for the teachers luncheon tomorrow. So good!
I love this recipe Melissa. I am a salty/sweet gal and this is right up my alley.
I usually make this bark within a few days of serving it and honestly it has never lasted that long before it's eaten. I think it should be fine if made a couple of days in advance.
Made this today and was wonderful. Thanks for such a quick and sweet treat for the rush of holiday time. Do you know if the chips will get soggy after a week or so? Thanks again. Victoria
Hi Melissa, my pleasure!
This looks so good! =)
Thanks for sharing!