This Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark is a must-make for the sweet and salty fans in your life. Package it in decorative tins and give it as gifts or serve it for family movie night and casual gatherings.
Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark an Edible Gift
You can wrap this bark and give it as a teacher's gift, or maybe for that special Coach or friendly neighbor. The beauty of making this kind of candy is that the process is simple enough that even the kids can help. I love that no two batches ever look exactly the same. You can whip-up a batch in minutes for game day and race day sweets or just for munching. I love candy bark in general and in particular this triple chocolate combo making every bite a surprise flavor treat. It comes with easy prep ending with big results.
Helpful Tips for Making Potato Chip Bark
- Ridged potato chips work best for this recipe.
- The purpose of the shortening is to thin the chocolate without changing the character of the chocolate and keep it stable.
- You can add heavy cream only if needed to thin further but, use it sparingly.
- Use quality chocolate and it will melt smoothly.
- White chocolate can be a little more challenging to melt so, a double boiler works best.
- Store this potato chip bark at room temperature in an air tight container for up to one week.
- Other easy bark recipes you may like is my recipe for Rocky Road Pretzel Bark, delicious Tiger Butter Bark for the peanut butter fans and Mint Chocolate Cookie Bark using Oreo cookies.
- You may also like this recipe for Sugar Cookie Bark from Crazy for Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark
- 6 cups ruffled potato chips divided
- 1 11.5 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening divided use
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream if needed to thin
- Line a 11 x 15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Arrange 5 cups of potato chips on the paper. Crush the remaining 1 cup and set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips with 2 Tbsp of vegetable shortening in the microwave on 50% power. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Drizzle over the potato chips. (Add 1-2 Tbsp heavy cream to thin further, if needed.)
- Melt dark chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening. Drizzle over the milk chocolate. (Add 1 Tbsp heavy cream to thin further, if needed)
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler with 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening. Drizzle over the chips. (Add 1 Tbsp heavy cream to thin further, if needed)
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed potato chips on top while the chocolate is wet.
- Place pan into the refrigerator chilling until set. Break or cut into desired size pieces.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.