Dark Chocolate-Mint Brownie Cookies are for all of the chocolate fans, brownie fans, and chocolate-mint fans. The texture of the homemade cookie dough results in brownie cookies that bake crispy on the edges with a chewy center. The thick flavorful chocolate dough gets it’s dark rich color from the Dutch process cocoa powder. It gives the depth of flavor that makes each bite a sweet delight.
The classic combo of chocolate and mint just never grows old. Be it in the form of a Chocolate Fudge Grasshopper Trifle or no bake Mint Chocolate Cookie Bark it’s always a part of our holiday desserts. These chewy, made from scratch brownie cookies are so good you may not want to share them so, you may want to make a double batch. Like most cookie dough recipes, this one is really forgiving and it freezes well, too. I think baking from scratch be it a cake, pie or cookie just really shows the love to the people around you. As a bonus, you’ll also gain private satisfaction when people “ooh ” and “aah” over your efforts. It’s a wonderful feeling to know something so small brightens someone else’s day and makes it all worthwhile. Bake a batch of these cookies and share with family, neighbors, friends, teachers, local firefighters and beyond. You’ll be so glad you did.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Dark Chocolate-Mint Brownie Cookies
Servings: 48 cookies
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter, plus 2 Tbsp softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup dark chocolate-mint morsels divided i.e. Nestles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 x-large or 4 regular baking sheets with parchment.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, both sugars and vanilla. Beat together until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the sifted dry ingredients gradually, mixing well after each addition. Continue until all the batter comes together. The batter will be stiff.
- By hand, mix in the 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate-mint morsels.
- Use a Tbsp or a small ice cream scoop to evenly divide the batter on the cookie sheets placing 2 inches apart. Divide and press the remaining chips on top of the dough rounds.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!