Easy Dark Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies Recipe
How to Make the Best Dark Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies Recipe
When baking cookies from scratch, be it a cake, pie or cookie just really shows the love to the people around you. As a bonus, you'll also gain private satisfaction when people "ooh " and "aah" over your efforts. It's a wonderful feeling to brighten someone else's day and makes it all worthwhile.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Dark Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies: All purpose flour, Dutch process cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs and vanilla, You'll also need chocolate mint baking chips found on the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A mixer, either a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk, a large spoon or spatula to scrape the dough from the mixing bowl, baking pans, and an ice cream or cookie scoop for evenly dividing the dough. You'll also need a cookie spatula and cooling rack.
- If you're unable to find mint flavored baking chips, you can easily adapt this recipe use Andes baking pieces in the same amount. You could also use straight up chocolate chips in this rich chocolate brownie cookie dough.
- I love to bake and almost always use a whisk to sift together the dry ingredients. It works beautifully.
- Like most cookie dough recipes, this brownie dough is really forgiving and will keep chilled in the fridge for up to one week. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Store dark chocolate brownie cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Southern Style Cookie Recipes to Make
Bake a batch of these cookies and share with family, neighbors, friends, teachers, first responders and beyond. More delicious cookies recipes you may like to try:
- These Butter Pecan Cookies are delicious fresh from the oven.
- Jumbo Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies filled with oats, peanut and chocolate chips never last long in your cookie jar.
- Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle is so simple the kids can help!
- Molasses Cookies are a fall favorite with a robust flavor of molasses.
- Power sugar coated Snowball Cookies are a holiday classic.
- Strawberry Sugar Cookies from Melanie Makes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Dark Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter, plus 2 tablespoon softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup dark chocolate-mint morsels divided i.e. Nestles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 x-large or 4 regular baking sheets with parchment.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, both sugars and vanilla. Beat together until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the sifted dry ingredients gradually, mixing well after each addition. Continue until all the batter comes together. The batter will be stiff.
- By hand, mix in the 1 ½ cup dark chocolate-mint morsels.
- Use a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop to evenly divide the batter on the cookie sheets placing 2 inches apart. Divide and press the remaining chips on top of the dough rounds.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.