Whether you’re planning a special holiday brunch or tea party with friends, this decadent White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding will be a tasty addition to the menu. Blueberry bagels are smothered with a rich and flavorful homemade custard filled with fresh blueberries and white chocolate chips. Baked, then drizzled with a creamy white chocolate glaze it’s sprinkled with almonds for added texture and crunch.
Easy White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe
It may be a cold windy day, but, somehow the smell of baking blueberries warms you up, doesn’t it? We are so fortunate to enjoy blueberries so freely here in the America. If you’re a blueberry fan, you’ll flip for this bread pudding that will take you from breakfast and brunch to dessert. To make bread pudding, cube the bagels and let them dry out for a bit. In a large bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk with the eggs, salt and nutmeg. Let the bagel cubes soak then transfer to a baking dish and baker per the recipe. Drizzle with the easy glaze just before serving.
How to Make the BEST White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding: Blueberry bagels, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, large eggs, white chocolate chips, fresh blueberries, vanilla extract, salt and nutmeg. You’ll also need melted white chocolate, powdered sugar and cream for the glaze.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large mixing bowl, measuring set, sharp knife and chopping board, measuring set, colander, small microwave safe bowl, whisk and oval or rectangular 3 quart baking dish i.e. 13 x 9 inch dish.
- You’ll need full sized blueberry bagels for this bread pudding recipe.
- Choose blueberries that aren’t crushed or bruised and free of mold.
- You can fully assemble the bread pudding and let it chill in the refrigerator overnight for make ahead preparation. In fact, this is the best way to make this and it’s handy for keeping preparation time down.
- Allow ample time for the cubed bagels to absorb the easy custard or the bread pudding will have too much liquid.
- Stale bagels work perfectly for making bread pudding as they’re more apt to soak in the egg custard. You can cube the bagels and let them sit out for a few hours or overnight prior to making the bread pudding.
- You can speed up the process and lightly toast them on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven.
- Store baked White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in single servings in the microwave or in a 350°F air fryer or preheated oven just until heated through.
More Blueberry Desserts to Make
- Cozy up to a bowl of Blueberry Crisp topped with vanilla ice cream.
- Treat yourself to a slice of Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread.
- Impress family and friends with this scratch made Blueberry Pie.
- Blueberry Buttermilk Doughnuts for an afternoon treat. There’s really no end to the recipes using them.
- White Chocolate Blueberry Pound Cake is a made from scratch wonder.
- Blueberry Yum Yum is a retro dessert you’ll love.
- Blueberry Jam from Recipe Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding
- 6 large blueberry bagels cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Cut the bagels into 1-inch pieces and spread on a sheet pan. Toast in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes to dry out OR leave out on the counter for a few hours or overnight.
- To Assemble: Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Pour this mixture over the bagel pieces and press the pieces gently into the custard.
- Fold the blueberries and 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips into the bread pudding by hand, then pour evenly into the prepared baking dish. Cover and chill overnight.
- To Bake: Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove from refrigerator and sit on counter for 20 minutes while oven preheats.
- Uncover and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- To Make the Glaze: Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, melt together white chocolate chips with cream. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar stir until smooth.
- Drizzle bread pudding with glaze and sprinkle toasted almond slices on top. Serve warm.