Whether you’re planning a special holiday brunch or tea party with friends, this decadent White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding will be a tasty addition to the menu. Blueberry bagels are smothered with a rich and flavorful homemade custard filled with fresh blueberries and white chocolate chips. Baked, then drizzled with a creamy white chocolate glaze it’s sprinkled with almonds for added texture and crunch.
It may be a cold windy day, but, somehow the smell of baking blueberries warms you up, doesn’t it? We are so fortunate to enjoy blueberries so freely here in the US as they are native to North America. We love blueberries in pretty much any form. From eating them on top of a bowl of cereal to Blueberry Crisp, a slice of Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread or Blueberry Buttermilk Doughnuts for an afternoon treat. There’s really no end to the recipes using them. For me, blueberries and white chocolate are a heavenly match and in this bread pudding they really shine.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding
- 6 large blueberry bagels cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Cut the bagels into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Pour this mixture over the bagel pieces and press the pieces gently into the custard.
- Fold the blueberries and 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips into the bread pudding by hand, then pour evenly into the prepared baking dish. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Uncover and sit on counter for 20 minutes while oven preheats. Bake for 38-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together white chocolate chips with cream. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar stir until smooth.
- Drizzle bread pudding with glaze and sprinkle toasted almond slices on top. Serve warm.