White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding – It may be a cold windy day, but, somehow the smell of baking blueberries warms you up, doesn’t it? We are blessed to enjoy blueberries so freely since they are native to North America. There’s no end to the recipes using these deliciously sweet natural treats. My love of blueberries and white chocolate are the stars of this blueberry bread pudding using blueberry bagels.
After glazing the bread pudding, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavor of the glaze to soak into the bagels.
- 6 large blueberry bagels cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 [12 oz] cans evaporated milk
- 1 [14 oz] can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 pint blueberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup toasted almond slices
- For the glaze:
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spritz a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Cut the bagels into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Pour this mixture over the bagel pieces and press the pieces gently into the custard.
- Let the bagel and custard mixture sit on the counter for 20 minutes to allow the bagels to soak up the custard.
- Fold the blueberries and ¾ cup of white chocolate chips into the bread pudding by hand, then pour evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Drizzle with the white chocolate glaze and sprinkle toasted almond slices on top. Serve warm.
- For the glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips with the heavy cream until smooth.
- Stir well until completely melted, then mix in the powdered sugar. [The glaze will be thin] Drizzle on top of the blueberry bagel bread pudding while hot.