When fresh berries are in season I am constantly looking for more and more ways to use them in tasty creations like this White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bread. After a trip to my local Costco where temptation always seems to overtakes me, I came home with a large amount of beautiful plump red raspberries. While gazing at them in the store, I thought of numerous things I could make using them which internally justified my purchase. I told myself that I actually needed the raspberries.
When I arrived home, my first thought was that I would make a raspberry pie but, first things first. I had such a hectic morning, I needed a cup of hot tea to rejuvenate. While sitting on my porch sipping my tea I thought how nice it would be to have something a little sweet to go with it. That’s when the inspiration for making this raspberry bread happened. That’s right, as soon as I finished sipping tea and watching my kitty cat chase chipmunks I began baking. Raspberries much like strawberries, were made for all things creamy and chocolate. So, white chocolate chips found their way into my raspberry bread. It was a knock out addition, if I say so myself. For me it took the place of a glaze however, if you’d like to glaze this bread you certainly could. I like it dusted simply with powdered sugar. It’s not overly sweet making it a real treat at tea time or any time of day.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries. rinsed and dried
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9 x 4 x 5 inch non stick loaf pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the sour cream, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- By hand mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients mixing until fully moistened.
- Toss the raspberries with the remaining 1 Tbsp all purpose flour. Gently mix into the batter along with the white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the loaf pan. Bounce on the counter a few ties to settle the batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes back clean. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.