This homemade Beer Bread Recipe comes together in no time flat. Enjoy it warm slathered with sweet cream butter, as a side dish with your meal or for making the best sandwiches.
Easy Beer Bread Recipe
What is Beer Bread? This kind of quick bread is super easy and delicious to make and only requires four ingredients. No yeast is required as the beer acts as leavening adding a light and airy texture to the bread dough. You also don’t need any special equipment, it literally comes together in 5 minutes and then it’s ready to bake.
How to Make the BEST Beer Bread Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Beer Bread: Self rising flour, 12 ounces beer (i.e. Blue Moon or similar), butter and granulated sugar.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large bowl, non stick silicone spatula or large spoon for mixing together, small bowl to melt butter in microwave and 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- To make your own self-rising flour: In a medium bowl use a whisk to combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, one tablespoon baking powder and one teaspoon salt. Proceed with the recipe as written.
- When measuring flour never scoop into the container or bag of flour using the measuring cup. Always use a spoon to fill the measuring cup then level with knife. If the flour becomes compacted it could make the bread dry.
- You can use most any beer for beer bread. Each beer will lend its own nuances in flavor to the bread but it all turns out delicious. This recipe was developed using Blue Moon beer. Rule of thumb is, if you like the flavor, it will work perfectly.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar in the bread to suit your taste. It acts to balance the beer but it’s fine to use less with no other adjustments needed.
- You can add seasonings to the dry ingredients to change the flavor profile. Seasonings such as granulated garlic, onion powder or dill. One teaspoon of any of the aforementioned will work.
- You can also add shredded cheddar cheese to the dry ingredients. 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar, pepper jack, colby jack or Gruyere. You could also sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Store baked Beer Bread wrapped in heavy duty foil or an airtight container at room temperature for up 3 days. Toast or reheat in the microwave in single servings and enjoy.
More Easy Bread Recipes to Make
- Make this pull apart Italian Herb Beer Bread to serve with soup, chili or stew.
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is a delicious treat any time of day.
- This Pimento Cheese Beer Bread is a fusion of two Southern favorites.
- Enjoy this vanilla glazed Cinnamon Roll Bread with a cup of coffee or hot tea to start your day.
- Italian Sausage Bread is a savory bread to enjoy with salad, soup or as an appetizer.
- Praline Apple Bread is a fan favorite.
- Dill Bread from Food Network.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Beer Bread Recipe
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 12 oz beer (i.e. Blue Moon or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted divided use
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl use a silicone spatula to mix together flour, beer, 1/2 of melted butter, and sugar just until combined and fully moistened. Be careful not to overmix.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Drizzle the reserved melted butter on top.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. You can broil the top at the end of baking to brown further, if desired.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack, for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to a cooling rack.
- Cool to room temperature (slightly warm is OK) then slice and serve.