Are you looking for a way to get the kiddos to eat more fruits and vegetables? Creating an After School Snack Board is the perfect way for them to eat their vegetables along with their favorite sweet treats. I'll show you how to make your own homemade PB&J Uncrustables to add to the mix for this snack board and for packing back-to-school lunches.
After School Snack Board Recipe
Charcuterie Boards are not only made for adults, you would be surprised how much the kids love a fun, bright, and colorful charcuterie board for after school snacking. This board would work well for family movie night, too!
How to Make the Best After School Snack Board
- Ingredients you'll need to assemble an After School Snack Board: Strawberries, Green and Red Grapes, Cauliflower and Broccoli florets, Baby Carrots or Carrot Sticks, Nutter Butter Cookies, Celery, Iced Animal Crackers, Ritz Crackers, Sliced Ham, Sliced Salami, Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cheese-Its, Goldfish Crackers, Cheese Cubes, Cutie Oranges, Pretzels, Blueberries, DIY PB&J uncrustables (Or purchased from the freezer section), Ranch dip or dressing.
- To make DIY Uncrustables you'll need: Sliced white or wheat bread, peanut butter and grape jelly. You can use any flavor of jelly that your family enjoys.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large tray, sheet pan or wooden charcuterie board in any shape. You'll also need 3 small bowls, a sharp knife and cutting board and colander to clean and prep the fruit and vegetables plus a sandwich sealer to make your own peanut butter and jelly uncrustables.
- Please Note: I did add measurements for you to use as a guideline for this board. There is no wrong amount of each ingredient. The amount needed can vary depending on the type of board you're using or how large of a crowd you're feeding. You can easily adjust the amounts if you need more. or less.
- If it's difficult to find the famous Uncrustables, no worries! You can easily purchase a sandwich sealer and make your own. Note: after many attempts you only need to apply a small amount of peanut butter and jelly when creating your own. Don't go overboard or the edges won't seal quite as clean.
- To create a space for the Ranch dip or dressing, goldfish and cheez-its I recommend starting with 3 smaller bowls. Choose bowls that are a fun shape then arrange the other ingredients on the board around them. Again, there's no right or wrong way to create a charcuterie board. Have fun with it and let the kids get involved.
- Remember, if you have other fruits, vegetables, or sweet treats that you like or do not like, feel free to switch out these items with your picks. That's the point, I wanted to give you a visual so you can do what best fits you, your guests and kiddos personal taste.
How to Make Homemade Uncrustables Recipe
To make DIY Uncrustables: (Makes 6) Lay 12 slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread each slice with desired amount of peanut butter spreading to ¼ inch from crust. Spread 1 tablespoon of grape jelly on 6 peanut butter slices. Sandwich the peanut butter slices and grape jelly slices together and center a sandwich sealer in the center. Press down firmly sealing the sandwich all the way around. Serve immediately or lay each sandwich in a single layer on a wax paper lined sheet pan. Freeze until solid. (2-4 hours) Package in plastic wrap then pop into a container and pull out just before serving.
More Easy Appetizers and Snack Recipes to Make
There's always a need to make fun finger foods and snack foods year-round. More appetizers and snacks you may like to try:
- Shrimp Cocktail with homemade cocktail and lemon dill sauce for dipping.
- If you'd like to make your own Ranch for dipping, checkout my homemade Garlic Herb Buttermilk Dressing or Jalapeno Ranch Dressing recipes.
- Party Snack Mix for the Chex Mix fans at your snack table.
- Southern Pimento Cheese is another delicious option for celery sticks and crackers.
- Crispy Crab Rangoon with sweet and sour sauce on the side.
- Bacon Dill Egg Salad is another sandwich option if you want to skip the PB&J.
- Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers are great for gift giving, too.
- Homemade Frosted Circus Animal Cookies from Cooking Classy.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
After School Snack Board
- 6 DIY Uncrustables (12 slices white or wheat bread, peanut butter and grape jelly)
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 cups red or green grapes
- 4 medium cuties or oranges, peeled and divided into wedges
- 1 cup each cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby carrots OR sliced carrots
- 1 cup celery sticks
- Meats and Cheese:
- 1 cup cubed cheddar, colby jack or mozzarella cheese
- ¼ lb thinly sliced salami OR pepperoni
- ¼ lb thinly sliced ham
- Cookies and Crackers:
- 6 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 cup iced circus animal cookies
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup cheez-its
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup goldfish crackers
- 1 cup bottled Ranch dip or dressing
- To make DIY Uncrustables: (Makes 6) Lay 12 slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread each slice with desired amount of peanut butter spreading to ¼ inch from crust. Spread 1 tablespoon of grape jelly on 6 peanut butter slices. Sandwich the peanut butter slices and grape jelly slices together and center a sandwich sealer in the center. Press down firmly sealing the sandwich all the way around. Serve immediately or lay each sandwich in a single layer on a wax paper lined sheet pan.Freeze until solid. (2-4 hours) Package in plastic wrap then pop into a container and pull out just before serving.
- Grab a large tray or a large baking sheet. If using a board, line it with parchment paper.
- Place three bowls on the tray for ranch dip, cheez-its, and goldfish.
- Arrange remaining items on the tray as desired until tray is completely full.
- Serve immediately.