This Bacon Dill Egg Salad embellished with pimentos, is the sort of flavor packed salad that’s nice to have in the fridge for busy day meals and snacks. It takes classic egg salad and embellishes with bacon crumbles, pimentos, fresh dill and chives. Serve it on warm croissants, bread or with crackers and pita chips as an appetizer.
Making Boiled Eggs for Bacon Dill Egg Salad Recipe
Boiling perfect eggs while it sounds simple enough, can really trip up some cooks. A few helpful tips to give you egg cooking success:
- Make sure you use a saucepan large enough that the eggs can cook in a single layer. Don’t stack the eggs.
- Add cool water to the eggs to cover with 1-inch on top.
- Bring eggs to a boil. Remove from the heat and cover to gently finish cooking. Let stand 15 minutes for x-large eggs, 12 minutes for large eggs and 9 minutes for medium eggs.
- Drain and rinse cooked eggs under cool water until they’re cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggs to use immediately in recipes or leave shell intact and refrigerate for up to one week.
How to Make the BEST Bacon Dill Egg Salad Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Bacon Dill Egg Salad: Large eggs, cooked and crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, salt and black pepper, Dijon mustard, sweet or dill pickle relish, fresh chives, fresh dill, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and pimentos.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large saucepan, measuring cups and spoons, large bowl, sharp knife and chopping board, large spoon or spatula.
- Serving Ideas : Egg salad is delicious served on slider rolls, croissants, biscuits or wrapped in a buttery lettuce leaf. For snacking it’s delicious with crackers or pita crisps as well as crostini.
- I’ve also served egg salad at tea parties stuffed in mini croissants and puffs.
- While the pairing of bacon and eggs isn’t unusual, it sure adds a nice twist and another way to enjoy this classic combo.
- The pimentos not only add color, but a spectacular flavor, too. You could adapt using finely chopped roasted red peppers.
- You can use sweet pickle relish or dill pickle relish in this recipe to suit your personal preference.
- Store Bacon Dill Egg Salad in an airtight container well chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Make
- Southern Style Chicken Salad for light meals and snacking.
- Kicked up Crab Salad is full flavored.
- BLT Potato Salad is the best of both worlds.
- Up your side dishes with this Cowboy Pasta Salad.
- Southern Ham Salad for sandwiches or to slather on crackers.
- Light and full flavored Easy Fruit Salad can be enjoyed as a side dish or a dessert.
- Caprese Salad from Add a Pinch.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Dill Egg Salad
Servings: 12 servings
- 12 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimento drained
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Place eggs in a large pot in a single layer. Fill with enough water to cover tops by one inch. Heat to boiling, then remove from heat and cover. Let stand 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cool water until cool enough to handle. Peel cooked eggs and chop. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, pimento, Dijon, chives, relish, dill, vinegar, salt, pepper and onion powder. Add chopped egg and crumbled bacon. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve on warm croissants, kaiser rolls, assorted crackers or on a bed of green leaf lettuce
After bringing eggs to a boil, allow to sit covered for 15 minutes for x-large eggs, 12 minutes for large eggs and 9 minutes for medium-size eggs.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 341IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg