This Bacon Dill Egg Salad embellished with pimentos, is the sort of flavor packed salad that's nice to have in the fridge for busy day meals and snacks. It takes classic egg salad and embellishes with bacon crumbles, pimentos, fresh dill and chives. Serve it on warm croissants, bread or with crackers and pita chips as an appetizer.
Making Boiled Eggs for Bacon Dill Egg Salad
Boiling perfect eggs while it sounds simple enough, can really trip up some cooks. A few helpful tips to give you egg cooking success:
- Make sure you use a saucepan large enough that the eggs can cook in a single layer. Don't stack the eggs.
- Add cool water to the eggs to cover with 1-inch on top.
- Bring eggs to a boil. Remove from the heat and cover to gently finish cooking. Let stand 15 minutes for x-large eggs, 12 minutes for large eggs and 9 minutes for medium eggs.
- Drain and rinse cooked eggs under cool water until they're cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggs to use immediately in recipes or leave shell intact and refrigerate for up to one week.
Ideas For Serving Egg Salad
Egg salad is delicious served on slider rolls, croissants, biscuits or wrapped in a buttery lettuce leaf. For snacking it's delicious with crackers or pita crisps as well as crostini. I've also served egg salad at tea parties stuffed in mini croissants and puffs. While the pairing of bacon and eggs isn't unusual, it sure adds a nice twist and the pimentos not only add color but, a spectacular flavor, too. This egg salad is a nice treat since it gives you the pleasure of enjoying bacon and eggs at any time of day. See also Lemon Egg Salad with Capers and Dill and Mediterranean Chickpea Egg Salad
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Dill Egg Salad
Servings: 12 servings
- 12 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimento drained
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 ½ teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Place eggs in a large pot in a single layer. Fill with enough water to cover tops by one inch. Heat to boiling, then remove from heat and cover. Let stand 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cool water until cool enough to handle. Peel cooked eggs and chop. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, pimento, Dijon, chives, relish, dill, vinegar, salt, pepper and onion powder. Add chopped egg and crumbled bacon. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve on warm croissants, kaiser rolls, assorted crackers or on a bed of green leaf lettuce
After bringing eggs to a boil, allow to sit covered for 15 minutes for x-large eggs, 12 minutes for large eggs and 9 minutes for medium-size eggs.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 341IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Best egg salad recipe ever
Thanks so much!
I love egg salad and, this looks delicious.
This egg salad looks so delicious. I love dill! Thank you so much for sharing, cannot wait to report back with how it goes after i make it!