If you’re a fan of sweet and salty combinations, these loaded Candy Bar Pretzel Cookies will be your forte. They’re packed with peanuts, candy bar pieces and salted pretzels plus plenty of chocolate chips to boot. They’re the epitome of “go big or go home” and sure to be a hit with your candy and cookie loving friends.
Warm cookies and a tall glass of cold milk just never gets old. I think it’s one of those simple pleasures in life that should be savored. These homemade candy bar pretzel cookies are fantastic for the salty and sweet fans. Another perk is when using the freshest of dairy products, you can make this cookie dough in advance, then refrigerate it tightly sealed for up to 1 week. Then you have the pleasure of baking fresh cookies any time you like. The smell of homemade cookies baking can only be eclipsed by the first bite of warm, chewy and sweet goodness. Absolutely heavenly.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Candy Bar Pretzel Cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 11-oz bag Snickers bars or Baby Ruth bars cubed
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth, fluffy and light beige in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop to scrape the bowl periodically so all of the ingredients fully combine.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually while beating on low speed continue until all of the dry ingredients have been added, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- After all of the dry ingredients have been added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat for 1 minute.
- Use a large non-stick spatula or spoon to mix the cubed Snickers bars, pretzels, peanuts, and chocolate chips into the batter by hand. The batter will be stiff. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Use a 2 or 4 oz ice cream scoop to separate the dough depending on the size you prefer. Place the dough rounds at least 3-inches apart on the baking sheet to allow room to spread. Press the centers to flatten slightly for even baking.
- Bake for 18 minutes rotating the pans if needed, until golden.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.