Shake-up your side dish options with this crispy Asian Coleslaw. Embellished with toasted ramen noodles and salted peanuts, it’s a scrumptious twist on traditional coleslaw that’s sure to become a family favorite.
Classic coleslaw as we all think of it, dressed with a mayonnaise based dressing still remains my “go to” coleslaw. However, this is a perfect crunchy side to serve in it’s place when I want to shake things up a bit. The sweet and tangy dressing on this Asian slaw is terrific for summer picnics and outdoor events, too.
Don’t Skip Toasting the Ramen Noodles
I recommend taking the time to toast the ramen noodles prior to adding them to the slaw. The roasting process gives them a nutty flavor and golden color that’s simply divine. To allow the noodles to maintain their crunch, add them just before serving so they’ll keep that crispy texture.The dressing is so simple to whisk together, and the coleslaw itself seems to get better and better the longer it sits. It’s perfect to serve alongside most any entree as a salad or kicked-up side dish. If you’d like to add a little Asian flair to your next tossed salad, try this recipe for Asian Sesame Dressing from Recipe Tin Eats.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 16 oz package Deli cole slaw mix with carrot and purple cabbage
- 4 medium green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro may adjust to taste
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 3 oz packages ramen noodles crushed and toasted [any flavor]
- 1 1/2 cup cocktail peanuts roughly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, granulated sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, garlic salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the cole slaw mix, sliced onion and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Crush the ramen noodles and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
- Just before serving add the toasted noodles and peanuts. Mix thoroughly.