Shake-up your side dish options with this crispy Asian Coleslaw. Embellished with toasted ramen noodles and salted peanuts, it's a scrumptious twist on traditional coleslaw that's sure to become a family favorite.
Crunchy Ramen Noodle Asian Coleslaw Recipe
Classic coleslaw as we all think of it, dressed with a mayonnaise based dressing still remains my "go to" coleslaw. However, this is a perfect crunchy side to serve in it's place when I want to shake things up a bit. The sweet and tangy dressing on this Asian slaw is terrific for summer picnics and outdoor events, too.
Helpful Tips for Making Asian Slaw
- I recommend taking the time to toast the ramen noodles prior to adding them to the slaw. The roasting process gives them a nutty flavor and golden color that's simply divine.
- To allow the noodles to maintain their crunch, add them just before serving so they'll keep that crispy texture.
- The dressing is so simple to whisk together, and the coleslaw itself seems to get better and better the longer it sits.
- It's perfect to serve alongside most any entrée as a salad or kicked-up side dish.
- If you'd like to add a little Asian flair to your next tossed salad, try this recipe for Asian Sesame Dressing from Recipe Tin Eats.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 16 oz package Deli cole slaw mix with carrot and purple cabbage
- 4 medium green onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro may adjust to taste
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 3 oz packages ramen noodles crushed and toasted [any flavor]
- 1 ½ cup cocktail peanuts roughly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, granulated sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, garlic salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the cole slaw mix, sliced onion and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Crush the ramen noodles and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
- Just before serving add the toasted noodles and peanuts. Mix thoroughly.