One skillet entrees like these tender Teriyaki Steak Bites with Green Pepper and Onion will make you think you're dining at a steakhouse rather than at your own kitchen table. Tender bite-size pieces of sirloin steak are tossed with a flavorful sauce then paired with green bell pepper slices and wedges of sweet onion. Cooked to perfection, they're ready to be served over teriyaki mushroom rice, or alongside sour cream and onion smashed potatoes or squash casserole or whatever your heart desires. Cook the steak to your desired level on doneness and the only thing left to do is grab a fork and dig in.
Teriyaki Steak Bites with Green Pepper and Onion Fills A Skillet With Flavor
I love making skillets that start with steak tips. It gives me the opportunity to stretch my grocery budget and serve skillets like this one seasoned with a flavorful teriyaki sauce and enhanced by the addition of peppers and onions to add bulk. I'm feeding boys after all, and it can be a challenge at times to fill them up. This simple skillet fits the bill much like my smothered steak tips with mushrooms and onion and sirloin steak tips with colorful peppers and onion that can be wrapped-up in a tortilla and turned into fajitas with ease.
Checkout Other Ways To Turn Steak Into Dinner
Maybe you prefer steak with vegetables like these pepper steaks with sauteed zucchini or piled high on a salad like this bella and brie steakhouse salad. Skillets like these teriyaki steak bites give you the opportunity to dine in style without breaking the bank.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Teriyaki Steak Bites with Green Pepper and Onion
- 3-3 ½ lbs thick cut top sirloin steaks cut into bite size pieces
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced (Or a poblano pepper)
- 1 large onion sliced into ¼-inch wedges
- Cut the steak into bite size cubes about ¾-inch.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the teriyaki, brown sugar, corn starch, sesame seed oil, garlic powder, garlic salt and red pepper flakes. Whisk until the brown sugar and corn starch are completely dissolved.
- Pour over the steak bites and toss until evenly coated.
- Drizzle a large skillet (12-inch) with olive oil. Turn to high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the steak bites in batches. (Lower the heat to medium-high if needed to prevent burning) Cook for 4-6 minutes total on both sides turning as needed. Adjust the cooking time to your desired doneness.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm until all of the steak bites are cooked. Add additional olive oil between batches as needed.
- Add the green pepper and onion to the skillet. Saute for 2-3 minutes over medium-high or until crisp tender. Adjust the salt, if needed. (The drippings left behind in the pan will season the vegetables)
- Add the steak bites back to the skillet and stir to distribute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and serve.