One skillet entrees like these tender Teriyaki Steak Bites with Green Pepper and Onion will make you think you're dining at a steakhouse rather than at your own kitchen table. Tender bite-size pieces of sirloin steak are tossed with a flavorful sauce are then paired with green bell pepper slices and wedges of sweet onion. Cook the steak to your desired level of doneness and the only thing left to do is grab a fork and dig in.
Skillet Teriyaki Steak Bites with Green Pepper and Onion
I love making skillets that start with steak tips. It gives me the opportunity to stretch my grocery budget and serve skillets like this one seasoned with a flavorful teriyaki sauce and enhanced by the addition of peppers and onions to add bulk. I'm feeding boys after all, and it can be a challenge at times to fill them up. This simple skillet fits the bill much like my smothered steak tips with mushrooms and onion and sirloin steak tips with colorful peppers and onion that can be wrapped-up in a tortilla and turned into fajitas with ease. Serve these steak bites over teriyaki mushroom rice, or alongside sour cream and onion smashed potatoes whatever your heart desires.
More Recipes for Steak to Ad to the Menu
Skillets like these teriyaki steak bites give you the opportunity to dine in style without breaking the bank. More steak recipes to make:
- Smothered Steak Tips with Onions and Mushrooms
- Sirloin Tips with Peppers and Onion
- Grilled Chili Rubbed Skirt Steak
- Bella and Brie Steakhouse Salad from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Teriyaki Steak Bites with Green Pepper and Onion
- 3-3 ½ lbs thick cut top sirloin steaks cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil plus additional as needed
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced (Or a poblano pepper)
- 1 large onion sliced into ¼-inch wedges
- Cut the steak into bite size cubes about ¾-inch.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the teriyaki, brown sugar, corn starch, sesame seed oil, garlic powder, garlic salt and red pepper flakes. Whisk until the brown sugar and corn starch are completely dissolved.
- Pour over the steak bites and toss until evenly coated.
- Drizzle a large skillet (12-inch) with olive oil. Turn to high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the steak bites in batches. (Lower the heat to medium-high if needed to prevent burning) Cook for 4-6 minutes total on both sides turning as needed. Adjust the cooking time to your desired doneness.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm until all of the steak bites are cooked. Add additional olive oil between batches as needed.
- Add the green pepper and onion to the skillet. Saute for 2-3 minutes over medium-high or until crisp tender. Adjust the salt, if needed. (The drippings left behind in the pan will season the vegetables)
- Add the steak bites back to the skillet and stir to distribute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and serve.