Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – These cream cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers are simple to make and over the top in flavor. In fact, you can assemble these a day in advance then store tightly sealed in the fridge until you’re ready to prepare them. I recommend using thick cut bacon for these jalapeno poppers since a thinner cut bacon cooks more quickly than the jalapeno pepper.
Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 large jalapenos halved and seeds removed
- 1  oz onion & chive cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese
- 16 slices thick cut bacon
- 16 to othpicks soaked in water
- prepared ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and fit a baking rack into the pan. Set aside.
- Cream together the cream cheese, taco seasoning and garlic powder.
- By hand mix-in 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Divide between the jalapeno halves.
- Wrap each jalapeno half with one slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Rest on the rack for 5 minutes then serve with buttermilk ranch for dipping.