Easy Sausage Quiche is a spectacular savory pie that’s ideal for serving at any meal. Breakfast sausage, green onion and lots of cheddar cheese smothered with a seasoned egg custard combine into a classic combination of flavors that always satisfy. The preparation isn’t complicated and well worth the small amount of effort it takes to make. Serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Easy Sausage Quiche Recipe
We’re huge “breakfast or dinner” fans at our house. Be it a pan of buttermilk biscuits smothered in sausage gravy, a big bowl of cheddar grits topped with bacon and eggs or big stack of buttermilk pancakes dripping with a generous drizzle of maple syrup. We’re not picky any of the aforementioned will do.
How to Make the BEST Easy Sausage Quiche Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Sausage Quiche: One 9 inch deep dish pie shell, breakfast sausage, large eggs, half and half, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, salt, black pepper, garlic salt, onion powder and ground mustard. (hot sauce is optional)
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: One large skillet i.e. 10 inch or larger to cook the sausage, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board, 9 inch deep dish pie pan and cheese grater. It’s also helpful to have a sheet pan to move the quiche in an out of the oven easily.
- Quiche ranks quite high on our list for busy day meals. You may enjoy pairing it with my Easy Fruit Salad recipe for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- In this recipe, I am purposely keeping the ingredients simple but, feel free to adapt using your favorite flavor of shredded cheese.
- You can omit the hot sauce and use spicy sausage in this quiche recipe.
- It can be made in advance and reheated by the piece, too.
- To reheat a whole quiche in the oven: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lay foil loosely on top and bake for 15-20 minutes just until heated through.
- Store baked Sausage Quiche chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
- You can bake this quiche, cool it completely and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight then lay foil on top and reheat in a preheated 325°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
More Easy Quiche Recipes to Make
There’s no wrong time of day to serve quiche. Expand your quiche menu with these recipes:
- My recipe for Western Omelet Quiche is a fan favorite.
- This Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche recipe is a riff on the famous hot brown from Louisville Kentucky,
- You may have everything you need to make this Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche.
- Classic cheesy Quiche Lorraine.
- Cornbread and Sausage Quiche is a delicious use for leftover cornbread!
- Ricotta Spinach Quiche is rich and decadent.
- Mushroom Quiche from Simply Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Sausage Quiche
- 1 9-inch unbaked deep dish frozen pie crust (I.e. Mrs Smith's)
- 8 oz mild or spicy breakfast sausage
- 5 green onions green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- few dashes hot sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place pie shell on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage until no pink remains.
- Add the green onion and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain excess fat from pan.
- Spread 1/2 sausage mixture in pie shell ad sprinkle with 1/2 cheese. Spread remaining sausage over cheese.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the half and half, eggs, salt, pepper,and mustard. Add a few dashes hot sauce, if desired.
- Pour evenly over sausage. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Check at 30 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning if needed.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes. Serve warm.