Easy Sausage Quiche is a spectacular savory pie that’s ideal for serving at any meal. Breakfast sausage, green onion and lots of cheddar cheese smothered with a seasoned egg custard combine into a classic combination of flavors that always satisfy. The preparation isn’t complicated and well worth the small amount of effort it takes to make. Serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner any day of the week.
We’re huge “breakfast or dinner” fans at our house. Be it a pan of buttermilk biscuits smothered in sausage gravy, a big bowl of cheddar grits topped with bacon and eggs or big stack of buttermilk pancakes dripping with a generous drizzle of maple syrup. We’re not picky any of the aforementioned will do.
Quiche ranks quite high on our list for busy day meals also, and when paired with a sweet fruit salad it can really hit the spot. In this recipe, I am purposely keeping the ingredients simple but, feel free to adapt using your favorite cheese, or add some heat with a spicy sausage, if you like. It can be made in advance and reheated by the piece, too. Also popular with MSSK visitors checkout my Western Omelet Quiche and Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche which are always special occasion favorites.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Sausage Quiche
- 1 9-inch unbaked deep dish frozen pie crust (I.e. Mrs Smith's)
- 8 oz mild or spicy breakfast sausage
- 5 green onions green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- few dashes hot sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place pie shell on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage until no pink remains.
- Add the green onion and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain excess fat from pan.
- Spread 1/2 sausage mixture in pie shell ad sprinkle with 1/2 cheese. Spread remaining sausage over cheese.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the half and half, eggs, salt, pepper,and mustard. Add a few dashes hot sauce, if desired.
- Pour evenly over sausage. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Check at 30 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning if needed.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes. Serve warm.