Baked Pizza Spaghetti Is An “Only At Home Meal” For Us
Italian Flavors Become Even More Robust As They Simmer
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked Pizza Spaghetti
- 10 oz thin spaghetti cooked to al dente per package
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 small green pepper sliced
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5 oz can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 24 oz jar prepared marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 50 slices pepperoni divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water, per the instructions on the box, until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain well.
- On the stove top, in a medium sized pot, saute the diced onion, sliced green pepper and mushrooms in a couple of drizzles of olive oil or 2 minutes or until the onions turn translucent. Season with salt and black pepper, add garlic. Saute 1 minute..
- Add ground beef and Italian sausage. Cook until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan, add Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Add tomatoes, tomato pasta, marinara sauce and 2 Tbsp parsley. Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add 25 slices pepperoni at the end of cooking, mix well.
- To assemble: Ladle 1/3 of the sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and cover with 1/2 of the cooked spaghetti.
- Ladle another 1/3 of pasta sauce over the spaghetti, then sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat, with the remaining spaghetti, then the final 1/3 of pasta sauce. Arrange 25 pepperoni slices over sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Cut and serve immediately.