Mushroom Caramelized Onion Goat Cheese Pizza
Vegetarians and Meat Lovers Alike Love this Pizza
- You may slice this pizza into as many pieces as you like. I tend to cut the pieces smaller when serving as an appetizer and larger as an entree. Adjust depending on how you choose to serve this pizza.
- You may also enjoy this easy goat cheese appetizer from Wine and Glue.
Mushroom Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
Servings: 8 full size or 32 appetizer size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 8 oz container sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- 1 11 or 13 oz tube refrigerated pizza crust or 1 lb homemade pizza dough
- ⅓ cup prepared basil pesto
- 2-4 oz feta cheese crumbles adjust amount to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a stove top pan, heat the olive oil and add the mushrooms and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook over medium-high heat for around 4 minutes then lower the heat to medium. Continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes. Add balsamic and pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- To assemble: Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Press the pizza dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into roughly an 13 x 9 inch rectangle.
- Spread the crust with pesto leaving about ½ inch of crust around the edge.
- Continue to cook for another 15 minutes until the onions begin to caramelize and the mushrooms have browned.
- To assemble, Sprinkle ½ of the mozzarella cheese over the pesto, then layer the mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with the feta, the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, then use a pizza cutter to slice into 8 full size or 32 appetizer size pieces.