Peanut Butter Mallow Bars are a delicious no-bake treat suitable for any occasion. Whether you're hosting a birthday party, packing for a picnic or making sweets for the holidays, peanut butter mallow bars will make a fabulous addition.
Easy Peanut Butter Mallow Bars Recipe
These scrumptious Peanut Butter Mallow Bars are a taste of nostalgia for me. When I was a little girl, I most often packed my lunch for school. What can I say, I thought I was styling with my Barbie lunchbox and making a fashion statement. Oh, how times have changed. There was one day of the week that it was imperative that I buy my lunch. That was the day they were serving these chewy little peanut butter bars as a dessert. They were chewy, not fudge-like in texture and I absolutely loved them. I remember taking tiny bites so I could savor each and every one. I thought they were heavenly. These mallow bars were inspired by those delectable chewy peanut butter bars with a bit of "chewiness" from the marshmallows and the nutter butter cookies add crunch and texture.
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Mallow Bars Recipe
Keep in mind, these mallow bars are rich and are best cut into small squares much like fudge. You can certainly make them any size you like, but in the case of these goodies, less is more.
- Ingredients you'll need to make Peanut Butter Mallow Bars: Sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter baking chips, chopped nutter butter cookies, mini marshmallows, butter, vanilla extract and chopped peanuts.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A medium size heavy bottomed saucepan, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and cutting board, an offset spatula or rubber spreading spatula and an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 square non stick pan.
- These homemade peanut butter bars are like fudge in that you need to work fairly quickly when combining the ingredients and spreading them into the pan. In light of that, have everything ready and nearby and you'll be good to go.
- The marshmallows won't completely melt into the warm peanut butter mixture by design. You want to be able to see some of them in the mallow bars, hence the name.
- Store Peanut Butter Mallow Bars in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
More No Bake Bars and Desserts to Make
Yummy no bake desserts are a lifesaver when the going gets tough and you're short on time. You may also like to try these:
- Strawberries and Cream Krispies Treats are a fun warm weather treat.
- Sweet and spicy No Bake Cinnamon Crunch Bars.
- Chocolate Coconut Toffee Bars are full flavored and simple to make.
- No Bake S'mores Bars are made with cereal smothered in a chocolate marshmallow coating.
- Butterscotch Rice Krispies Treats are a grown up treat.
- Reese's Cup Scotcheroos are a twist on classic scotcheroos everyone will love.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Bars from Cravings of a Lunatic.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Mallow Bars
- 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 10 oz peanut butter baking chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 nutter butter cookies chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- Use softened butter to grease the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8-inch pan. Set aside.
- On the stove top in a heavy bottomed pan, melt together the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Cook over medium-low for around 10 minutes until heated through and bubbling gently. Stir constantly to avoid sticking.
- Remove from the heat adding the vanilla extract and the peanut butter chips. Stir until the chips are completely melted.
- Mix-in the chopped Nutter Butter cookies and marshmallows. Stir until evenly distributed. Some marshmallows should remain whole.
- Working quickly, spread into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with chopped peanuts. Chill 2 hours or until set, then cut into desired sized pieces.
- Store chilled.