These scrumptious Peanut Butter Mallow Bars are a taste of nostalgia for me. When I was a little girl, I most often packed my lunch for school. I had a rockin’ Barbie lunch box that I adored. It was black patent and had brightly colored pictures of Barbie and her friends scattered all over. What can I say, I thought I was stylin’ and making a fashion statement. Oh, how times have changed.
There was one day of the week that it was imperative that I buy my lunch. That was the day they were serving these chewy little peanut butter bars as a dessert. They were chewy, not fudge-like in texture and I absolutely loved them. I remember taking tiny bites so I could savor each and every one. I thought they were heavenly. These mallow bars were inspired by those delectable chewy peanut butter bars that I loved as a little girl. The marshmallows add a bit of “chewiness” and the cookies a bit of crunch.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Mallow Bars
- 2  oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1  oz package peanut butter chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 12 nutter butter cookies chopped
- 2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- butter softened
- Use softened butter to grease the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8-inch pan. Set aside.
- On the stove top in a heavy bottomed pan, melt together the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Cook over medium-low for around 10 minutes until heated through and bubbling gently. Stir constantly to avoid sticking.
- Remove from the heat adding the vanilla extract and the peanut butter chips. Stir until the chips are completely melted.
- Mix-in the chopped Nutter Butter cookies and marshmallows. Stir until evenly distributed. Some marshmallows should remain whole.
- Working quickly, spread into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with chopped peanuts. Chill 2 hours or until set, then cut into desired sized pieces.
- Store chilled.