These buttery rich Butter Pecan Cheesecake Bars are a cheesecake twist on butter pecan cookie bars. They begins with a butter pecan cake mix crust that’s laced with toasted pecans then smothered with a caramel cheesecake filling. The top is sprinkled with toffee bits and more pecans then baked until gooey and golden. Allow to cool to room temperature then chill until serving.
Chocolate Or Caramel?
The filling of these decadent cheesecake bars is luscious. While I do love chocolate if I had to choose my sweetfix of choice my true love is caramel and caramel-like desserts. If they’re topped with toffee bits and pecans well, it’s just a match made in heaven as far as I’m concerned. The crust of these butter pecan cheesecake bars is a cake mix making them super easy to make for bakers of all skill levels. Don’t be tempted to over bake the filing, it should be set but still have a bit of movement when the pan is shaken. Cool, chill then cut and serve.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Butter Pecan Cheesecake Bars
- 1 15.25 oz Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 1 10 oz package caramel baking chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup bits-o-brickle toffee chips
- Whipped cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spread 1 cup chopped pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Cool. (Remaining 2 Tbsp NOT toasted reserved for the top)
- Place the caramel chips and heavy cream in microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cake mix, 1 large egg and 1 stick melted butter. Mix until fully moistened then mix-in 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans. Press evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese and vanilla for 1 minute. Drizzle in the melted caramel. Beat until smooth on medium-high.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the powdered sugar. After all has been added, increase to medium-high beating for 1 minute or until completely smooth and slightly thickened.
- Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup toasted pecans. (Remember, 2 Tbsp have been reserved for the topping that are NOT toasted)
- Pour the filling over the crust. Sprinkle the top with toffee bits and 2 Tbsp chopped pecans.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until puffed and the center is set when gently shaken. Do not over bake.
- Cool completely and chill. Serve dusted with powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Store leftovers chilled