The epitome of party food these kickin’ Bacon Wrapped Brown Sugar Smokies are finger food done right. Tiny smoked sausages are wrapped with maple flavored bacon then tossed in a brown sugar coating that’s spiced with a touch of ground chipotle pepper. Bake them in the oven until the bacon is crispy then serve them with sweet barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.
I’m not certain who thought to wrap cocktail sausages in bacon but, my boys gobble them up by the hand full. It doesn’t matter the season or current sport obsession delicious party and game day food simply has to be included on the menu as well as something wrapped in bacon. This recipe is one of my favorite ways to prepare little smokies and we particularly enjoy them wrapped in maple flavored bacon. It compliments the spice of the ground chipotle pepper beautifully.
North Carolina is well know for it’s love of pork and barbecue and it seems only fitting that I serve these with barbecue sauce on the side for dipping. Serve them as a game or race day appetizer or part of your fun weekend munchies and you’ll be the most popular house on the block. On second thought, go ahead and double the recipe. You’ll be so happy that you did.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Wrapped Brown Sugar Smokies
- 1 14-oz package 'lil smokies cocktail links
- 1 lb maple flavored bacon cut into thirds
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle or ancho chili pepper
- Barbecue sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil spritzed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove the little smokies from packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Wrap each smokie with one piece of bacon. Secure through the middle with a toothpick.
- In a gallon size bag mix together the brown sugar and ground chipotle pepper.
- Add the bacon wrapped smokies to the bag. Seal and gently shake until evenly coated.
- Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bacon has crisped.
- Serve immediately with barbecue sauce, if desired.