This island inspired Caribbean Chicken with a Spicy Honey Rum Glaze is a family grilling favorite. It’s super simple to make using seasoned chicken breasts that are marinated then grilled until tender and charred and finished with a honey rum glaze. It’s sheer perfection served over rice to guaranteed you won’t waste a drop of the glorious honey rum sauce. It culminates in one more tasty way to shake-up your poultry menu.
Easy Caribbean Chicken with Honey Rum Glaze Recipe
This island inspired chicken is impressive to be so easy. The marinade for this island inspired chicken combines citrus flavors with an island spice blend plus a little heat and finishes it off with a hint of rum. How to make Caribbean Chicken with Honey Rum Glaze: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Make Marinade – Whisk all of the ingredients together and pour over the chicken breasts. Place into a one gallon size plastic storage bag or shallow dish and chill. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Chicken – Remove from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Prepare the Grill – Oil the grates of a grill and preheat to medium -high heat.
- Cook – Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for around 5 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, before carving and serving over rice pilaf drizzled with a generous drizzle of the sweet and spicy glaze on top.
- Honey Rum Glaze -Stir all of the ingredients together, reserving the rum extract. Warm in the microwave for 25-35 seconds. Stir in the rum extract.
- Drizzle over the chicken before serving.
How to Make the Best Caribbean Chicken with Spicy Honey Run Glaze Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Caribbean Chicken and Spicy Honey Rum Glaze: Four 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- For the marinade you’ll need: Brown sugar, vegetable oil, orange juice. lime juice, garlic, thyme, ginger, rum extract, allspice, bay leaves and cayenne pepper.
- For the honey rum glaze you’ll need: Honey, orange juice, lime zest, orange zest, rum extract or dark rum, allspice, ginger and cayenne pepper.
- In this recipe, I made the marinade from scratch. For a timesaver, you could use a bottled prepared marinade from the grocery store.
- You can use dark rum in the glaze in place of rum extract. Rum extract has a more intense flavor so you may need to taste and adjust the amount to your personal taste.
- Serve this chicken alongside my Teriyaki Rice Pilaf or your favorite side dishes and drizzle the spicy honey-rum glaze on top.
- Store leftover Caribbean Chicken with Spicy Honey Rum Glaze in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Slice and serve it on salads, add it to wraps or chop and mix it with cooked rice and vegetables for an island style fried rice.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Make
You may also like to try these recipes ranging from light grilled salads to chicken tenders smothered in a rich pan gravy.
- Grilled Southwest Chicken Salad is light and healthy.
- Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon comes together in no time flat.
- Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts are simple to make and packed with flavor.
- Pistachio Crusted Chicken is simple enough for a weekday but impressive enough for company.
- Asian inspired copycat Mushroom Chicken is better than Panda Express.
- Easy Smothered Chicken Tenders and Pan Gravy is sheer comfort food.
- Easy-to-make Caribbean Citrus Habanero Chicken Skewers from The Chunky Chef will bring the heat to dinner time.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Caribbean Chicken with a Spicy Honey Rum Glaze
- 4 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp each dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced ginger [or 1/2 tsp ginger powder]
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- For the Spicy Honey-Rum Glaze:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Marinade: In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar, vegetable oil, fresh orange juice, lime juice, garlic, dried thyme, minced ginger, rum extract, allspice, cayenne, black pepper and bay leaves.
- Pour over the chicken breasts. Place into a one gallon size plastic storage bag or shallow dish and chill. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill: Remove chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Oil the grates of a gas grill and preheat to medium high heat. Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for around 5 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, before carving and serving.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of the sweet and spicy glaze on top.
- Honey Rum Glaze: Stir all of the ingredients together reserving the rum extract. Warm in the microwave for 25-35 seconds. Stir in the rum extract.
- Drizzle over the chicken before serving. (The glaze easily doubles.)