This island inspired Caribbean Chicken With A Spicy Honey Rum Glaze is a grilling favorite. Seasoned chicken breasts are basted with a honey rum glaze then grilled until tender and charred. I highly recommend you serve it over rice it’s guaranteed you won’t want to waste a drop of the glorious honey rum sauce. My Caribbean Chicken With A Spicy Honey Rum Glaze is one more way to shake-up your poultry menu in style.
You may also like: Caribbean Grilled Salmon Kabobs, Caribbean Citrus Habanero Chicken Skewers and Slow Cooker Jerk Beef Tacos.
Caribbean Chicken with a Spicy Honey-Rum Glaze
Servings 4 servings
- 4 [6 oz] boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For the marinade:
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp each dried thyme coarse sea salt & minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger [or 1/2 tsp ginger powder]
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- For the Spicy Honey-Rum Glaze:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp lime
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Marinade:Whisk all of the ingredients together and pour over the chicken breasts. Place into a one gallon size plastic storage bag and chill. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To cook the chicken, remove it from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for around 5 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, before carving and serving.
- Serve over your favorite rice pilaf drizzled with a generous drizzle of the sweet and spicy glaze on top.
- For glaze: Stir all of the ingredients together, reserving the rum extract. Warm in the microwave for 25-35 seconds. Stir in the rum extract.
- Drizzle over the chicken before serving. The glaze easily doubles.
- The bright flavors of the glaze bring the dish together and it's the perfect topping for this island dish.