This island inspired Caribbean Chicken With A Spicy Honey Rum Glaze is a family grilling favorite. It’s super simple to make using seasoned chicken breasts that are marinated then grilled until tender and charred and finished with a honey rum glaze. It’s sheer perfection served over rice to guaranteed you won’t waste a drop of the glorious honey rum sauce. It culminates in one more tasty way to shake-up your poultry menu.
Caribbean Chicken with a Spicy Honey Rum Glaze
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp each dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced ginger [or 1/2 tsp ginger powder]
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- For the Spicy Honey-Rum Glaze:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp lime
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Marinade: Whisk all of the ingredients together and pour over the chicken breasts. Place into a one gallon size plastic storage bag and chill. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To cook; Remove from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for around 5 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, before carving and serving.
- Serve over your favorite rice pilaf drizzled with a generous drizzle of the sweet and spicy glaze on top.
- For glaze: Stir all of the ingredients together, reserving the rum extract. Warm in the microwave for 25-35 seconds. Stir in the rum extract.
- Drizzle over the chicken before serving. The glaze easily doubles.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!