This island inspired Caribbean Chicken with a Spicy Honey Rum Glaze is a family grilling favorite. It's super simple to make using seasoned chicken breasts that are marinated then grilled until tender and charred and finished with a honey rum glaze. It's sheer perfection served over rice to guaranteed you won't waste a drop of the glorious honey rum sauce. It culminates in one more tasty way to shake-up your poultry menu.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Make
You may also like to try these recipes ranging from light grilled salads to chicken tenders smothered in a rich pan gravy.
- Grilled Southwest Chicken Salad is light and healthy.
- Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon comes together in no time flat.
- Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts are simple to make and packed with flavor.
- Pistachio Crusted Chicken is simple enough for a weekday but impressive enough for company.
- Asian inspired copycat Mushroom Chicken is better than Panda Express.
- Easy Smothered Chicken Tenders and Pan Gravy is sheer comfort food.
- Easy-to-make Caribbean Citrus Habanero Chicken Skewers from The Chunky Chef will bring the heat to dinner time.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Caribbean Chicken with a Spicy Honey Rum Glaze
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger [or ½ teaspoon ginger powder]
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- For the Spicy Honey-Rum Glaze:
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Marinade: Whisk all of the ingredients together and pour over the chicken breasts. Place into a one gallon size plastic storage bag and chill. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To cook; Remove from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for around 5 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, before carving and serving.
- Serve over your favorite rice pilaf drizzled with a generous drizzle of the sweet and spicy glaze on top.
- For glaze: Stir all of the ingredients together, reserving the rum extract. Warm in the microwave for 25-35 seconds. Stir in the rum extract.
- Drizzle over the chicken before serving. The glaze easily doubles.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.4mg