These Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts are a mouthwatering easy-to-make entree. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauces on the side or cut the pieces smaller and enjoy as an appetizer.
Easy Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts Recipe
Everything bagel seasoning has pretty much become a mainstay in my seasons of choice. It's consists primarily of garlic, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds and kosher salt. It's reach has gone far beyond bagels now, and I'm seeing it everywhere from breads and spreads to entrees like this easy chicken.
How to Make the Best Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts Recipe
The biggest mistake you can make with chicken is over baking it which will make it dry. Adjust the baking time for this or any chicken recipe, depending on the thickness of the chicken fillets, tenders or pieces that you're using. Always look for clear juices or test with a thermometer for an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts: Boneless skinless chicken breasts, all purpose flour, buttermilk, large egg, paprika, Ritz or Club cracker crumbs, Everything Bagel seasoning and melted butter.
- Like most seasonings, Everything Bagel seasoning has varying amounts of sodium from brand to brand. Use a blend that you love, and adjust the amount to your taste.
- You can adapt this recipe using smaller chicken pieces or chicken tenders. The same rule applies, adjust the baking time according to the size of the chicken pieces you're using.
- This recipe uses a 3 part dredging technique. First the chicken breasts are coated with flour and paprika, then they get dipped into a buttermilk and egg mixture then into the everything bagel and cracker crumb coating. Press the breading onto all sides of the chicken then place them onto a baking pan for baking.
- To prevent the chicken from turning out too salty, use low sodium crushed crackers to add flavor to the breading.
- If you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own. To do so, add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or white distilled vinegar to each cup of whole milk. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then stir and proceed with the recipe as written.
- Enjoy this chicken with homemade jalapeno ranch dressing, Dr Pepper barbecue sauce or comeback sauce for dipping.
- Store leftover Everything Bagel breaded chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave to prevent drying out. Please note, once chilled the breading will soften.
More Southern Style Chicken Recipes to Make
Whether it's bone-in chicken, boneless chicken, chicken drumsticks or chicken thighs there's always a place for it on your supper menu. More chicken recipes you may like to try:
- Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts recipe will walk you through the basics of making a perfectly seasoned juicy chicken breast.
- Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken is a 30 minute meal made on the stovetop. Serve it over rice or potatoes to sop up the delicious sauce.
- Chicken Fried Chicken drizzled with homemade pan gravy.
- Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings made in an air fryer.
- You may also enjoy this Keto Everything Bagel Bread from All Day I Dream About Food.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch strips
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup low sodium cracker crumbs such as Ritz or Club crackers or panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup everything bagel seasoning
- 6 tablespoon butter melted and divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Liberally spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Alternately, fit a rimmed baking sheet with an oven safe rack. Spray with cooking spray.
- Toss chicken pieces with flour and paprika.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg. In a separate dish mix together cracker crumbs with everything bagel seasoning and 2 tablespoon butter.
- Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk allowing excess to drip off. Dredge in crumbs pressing firmly onto each piece.
- Place on rack at least 1 inch apart. Drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes until golden or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and juices run clear. (Adjust time according to size and thickness)
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
- There's a fair amount of sodium in Everything bagel seasoning so, low sodium crackers or non seasoned crumbs work best.
- You may use chicken tenders in place of chicken breasts. This will reduce bake time so, adjust accordingly.
This dish was delicious and family thought so too. Adding to our weekly
meal rotation. Thanks!
I'm so happy you enjoyed it, thanks!